RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

1 hour ago, dobrevv said:

About the streaming After 13 weeks:

The movie is released only in North America + Mexico, the country She has toured until now. 

So i think they will release globally in every continent after the concerts there. 

Sure, they could release it on streaming only in North America but we know It would be around in High quality anyway so probably they will wait....or maybe not cause It's a concert experience so people will go on the big screen anyway when they can

5 hours ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

The top of the stadium.

And an obstructed view from the edge/behind the stage (so you can’t really see the front of the main stage, just the catwalk where it sticks out). I had friends pay $600 each a couple days before one of the LA shows for these type of seats. 

I have read on Twitter she's kinda of very very famous in China (someone even wrote she is the most selling western artist ever in the country) i think the release of this in China (since she won't tour there cause for some reason seems like western artists can't make concerts in china right now)  could be very interesting in terms of numbers? 🥶

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 2

This from wikipedia. I'm not sure how official is but "list of best selling digital albums in china"

Artist Album Year Sales Ref.
Jay Chou Greatest Works of Art 2022 7,219,772 [25]
Cai Xukun Mi  2021 3,473,680 [26]
R1SE Going to Powerfully Burst 2019 3,082,155 [27]
Big Bang Made 2016 2,841,614 [28]
Lay Lit 2020 2,741,096 [29]
Jay Chou Jay Chou's Bedtime Stories 2016 2,000,890 [30]

1 million or more units[edit]

Artist Album Year Sales Ref.
Taylor Swift Lover 2019 1,872,460 [31]
Li Yuchun Wow 2019 1,858,647 [32]
Hua Chenyu New World 2020 1,835,069 [33]
Taylor Swift 1989 2014 1,780,189 [34]
Taylor Swift Reputation 2017 1,741,210 [35]
G-Dragon Kwon Ji Yong 2017 1,507,570 [36]
BLACKPINK The Album 2020 1,432,666 [37]
Nine Percent To the Nines 2018 1,396,966 [38]
Li Yuchun Liu Xing 2017 1,243,109 [39]
Taylor Swift Folklore
Edited by vale9001
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

I have read on Twitter she's kinda of very very famous in China (someone even wrote she is the most selling western artist ever in the country) i think the release of this in China (since she won't tour there cause for some reason seems like western artists can't make concerts in china right now)  could be very interesting in terms of numbers? 🥶

They could release in China but it's not that easy.

I don't think they even thought of releasing outside of NA as of now. We will see what actually happens when Tour goes outside NA in November 

8 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

They could release in China but it's not that easy.

I don't think they even thought of releasing outside of NA as of now. We will see what actually happens when Tour goes outside NA in November 

they are realising it already in mexico too (where she already toured with North America). So honestly i think they definitelly will. 

Of course i guess after every leg in every continent. 

Edited by vale9001

1 hour ago, JP1287 said:

I read she already surpassed AMC record for most pre-sale, which was Avengers: Endgame. Is this true?

9 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

if they mean in the first 24 hours according to the tracking thread yes could be true.  

Yes that’s the case. First 24 hours total sales at AMC. Looks to be about $30M for The Eras Tour versus $16M for Endgame.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

She is huge in China actually. Like her numbers are actually insane over there for a western artist. So you do bring up an interesting point that if she were to release this in China, it has the potential to do very very well. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Will be hilarious if this takes the October record from Joker and then that movie's sequel (which will be an absolute smash thanks to Gaga alone even if the movie stinks and anyone who believes otherwise is already in denial) reclaims it next year.

"thank to gaga alone" seems to much. But if the movie is good she's definitely the factor could make the movie exploded even more than the first, while even if good a sequel build very similar to the original, also in terms of actors, could have faced a physiological decline. 

Honestly i didn't care about the first one but with gaga and being maybe kinda of musical i'm really interested to it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

"thank to gaga alone" seems to much. But if the movie is good she's definitely the factor could make the movie exploded even more than the first, while even if good a sequel build very similar to the original, also in terms of actors, could have faced a physiological decline. 

Honestly i didn't care about the first one but with gaga and being maybe kinda of musical i'm really interested to it. 

If Gaga all on her own was able to turn House of Gucci into a relative hit compared to the other struggling adult dramas that opened around that time when COVID was still very much a presence in everyday life, I wouldn't want to underestimate what she could bring to a movie like Joker 2 lol. It's already enough that the press tour for the movie is sure to be one for the ages.

Also oddly fascinating seeing how Gaga has become a certified film star and Harry Styles was able to lift Don't Worry Darling to better numbers than it would've seen otherwise, while Taylor hasn't had much luck there. A combination of poor movie choices (The Giver, Cats, Amsterdam) and the fact that she's barely in them, to the point that her stans don't even see it as worth the effort. Feel like here we're getting a taste of what she could bring to a project that's conceptually appealing and a major role instead of a cameo.

Edited by filmlover