RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

Didn’t see this mentioned here or in the weekend thread oddly enough, but second weekend came in 2.3m higher than estimates (33.2m vs 31m) after a very strong Sunday hold and (I think) a revised Saturday. This weekend should do another 17m or so, plus about 3m thurs. 170m DOM possible. 

Edited by harry713
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, harry713 said:

Didn’t see this mentioned here or in the weekend thread oddly enough, but second weekend came in 2.3m higher than estimates (33.2m vs 31m) after a very strong Sunday hold and (I think) a revised Saturday. This weekend should do another 17m or so, plus about 3m thurs. 170m DOM possible. 

Looks like the targets to beat are Indiana Jones 5 ($174.48M) and MI7 ($172.14M).  

• Like 1

As for where The Eras Tour lives after its theatrical run, the SVOD rights are expected to be a hot commodity, with practically every major service throwing their hat in the ring and entering into conversations with team Swift. While it is unclear where the rights will land, several streamers have been told that the Swift team is waiting for the end of the SAG strike to begin negotiations in earnest.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/taylor-swift-sets-stage-concert-movie-boom-1235625156/

• Like 2

I saw it in a pretty full IMAX screen this morning. Just wow. The show was breathtaking. Genuinely magical. Really gave the sensation of being there. Wish I had got lucky with tickets. Taylor is just one of the most amazing people on this planet.

The staging, sets, lighting, choreography, costumes are absolutely insane, serious craftsmanship from the people who put this show together. I have never watched a concert like that before. I was blown away.

Best cinema experience I've had in a while.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 3

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour broke into the Domestic 2023 Top Ten (in-year releases) on its 37th day (November 18th) with $174.6M, kicking out Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny ($174.5M).  

It might have made a lot less than some people predicted but it is still a huge financial success and one of the most surprising box office successes of the year!

Edited by BOfficeStats
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, BOfficeStats said:

Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour broke into the Domestic 2023 Top Ten (in-year releases) on its 37th day (November 18th) with $174.6M ahead of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny's $174.5M.  

It might have made a lot less than some people predicted but it is still a huge financial success and one of the most surprising box office successes of the year!

With that, the DOM top 10 is now comprised of 5 movies that are not sequels/remakes/part of a cinematic universe, which is the highest since 2008 (although tied with 2009).

10 hours ago, Borobudur said:

Should end around 180m. For a fan-driven movie to leg out near 2x with mostly just weekend showings is a respectable holds, better than some movie with full 7 days a week run. 

With 3(?) weekends left it might just step into the top 10 DOM for 2023, albeit most likely for only a brief time, bumping a certain film out of the top tier. Would love to see it. :Gaga:

Edit: I guess it's already in the top 10 since BOM is also including Avatar 2's 2023 gross in their list. Still would like to see it make at least 184.2. :sparta:

Edited by harry713

44 minutes ago, harry713 said:

With 3(?) weekends left it might just step into the top 10 DOM for 2023, albeit most likely for only a brief time, bumping a certain film out of the top tier. Would love to see it. :Gaga:

Edit: I guess it's already in the top 10 since BOM is also including Avatar 2's 2023 gross in their list. Still would like to see it make at least 184.2. :sparta:

BOM has two lists for each year, Calendar Grosses and In-Year Releases, there's a pull down to toggle between the two. Sometimes there's a slight lag with updates for the In-Year Release list but BOM's 2023 list already has Eras in the Top 10.

Dancing with the Stars did their Taylor Swift episode last night. The ahow's audience is not the youngest overall and maybe a few might end up checking out the Eras movie. Also a fan discovered that one of the contestants follows Scooter Braun on Instagram and sent out the bat signal for the Swifties to vote en masse for his competition LMAO.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

BOM has two lists for each year, Calendar Grosses and In-Year Releases, there's a pull down to toggle between the two. Sometimes there's a slight lag with updates for the In-Year Release list but BOM's 2023 list already has Eras in the Top 10.

Dancing with the Stars did their Taylor Swift episode last night. The ahow's audience is not the youngest overall and maybe a few might end up checking out the Eras movie. Also a fan discovered that one of the contestants follows Scooter Braun on Instagram and sent out the bat signal for the Swifties to vote en masse for his competition LMAO.

And I heard he went home too. :Gaga:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, harry713 said:

I thought it will end next week?

Edited by Taylor89