RyneOh1040

Taylor Swift || The Eras Tour Concert Film - October 13, 2023 | Comes to Disney+ w/ 5 bonus songs

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

some good, albeit bland, fun

some songs are pretty good, some have amusing premises, and others have the power to transport me back to 2015, but many are just forgettable and/or plain boring

probably would have defeated the purpose, but at least a third of the songs have to go

outside of the occasional awkward dance routine, pretty much everything that doesn't have to do with actual songs is consistently fun, some impressive technical decisions 

not a fan of her acting, too saccharine and unnatural 

4 songs I particularly liked are The Man, You Belong with Me, All Too Well and Shake It off

overall positive on this, but a few more boring songs and I really would have had to think about it

the stupid things trying to come up with a strong yearly top 10 force me to do 

6 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

how does that work?

does she choose to sing her favorites? or the less demanding ones? can the human ear distinguish between the 2? 

i’m a Whitney Houston fan so I can spot fake singing artists using pre-recorded vocals from many miles away.  It’s sad what the industry has become.

5 hours ago, wboxoffice said:

i’m a Whitney Houston fan so I can spot fake singing artists using pre-recorded vocals from many miles away.  It’s sad what the industry has become.

Wasn't Whitney Houston job to make a show like Beyoncé can make. Of course putting a show like that you can't sing everything live, a lot of parts are pre recorded but a lot are live too. You pay for that show. Micheal Jackson used playback a lot too.

Not everyone has to comunicate by standing at a microphone taking High notes. Pop music (meaning with that all popular genres, so rock , pop and everything) It's about communication. Someone makes that with dances routines too (not Whitney job this too), someone by sitting and taking high notes, someone by singing rock songs very well, someone by singing rock Songs very bad (most Pink singers). Someone just sits at the piano singing ita story with a thing but emotional voice. 

Art is very various. There Is not only a way to communicate. Yours is just your taste.

Edited by vale9001

15 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Wasn't Whitney Houston job to make a show like Beyoncé can make. Of course putting a show like that you can't sing everything live, a lot of parts are pre recorded but a lot are live too. You pay for that show. Micheal Jackson used playback a lot too.

Not everyone has to comunicate by standing at a microphone taking High notes. Pop music (meaning with that all popular genres, so rock , pop and everything) It's about communication. Someone makes that with dances routines too (not Whitney job this too), someone by sitting and taking high notes, someone by singing rock songs very well, someone by singing rock Songs very bad (most Pink singers). Someone just sits at the piano singing ita story with a thing but emotional voice. 

Art is very various. There Is not only a way to communicate. Yours is just your taste.

Clearly you are not familiar with Whitney if you think that she only stood there singing ballads without moving.  She also had plenty of dance songs and was all over the stage running and dancing and still singing live.  Sure it was in a simple stage setting without hundreds of dancers around, big special effects, cars and dildos flying around on stage because her voice alone was enough, but the point is she still moved a lot and still sang live.  But anyways to each his own.  I mean clearly Taylor Swift is very popular despite the pre-recorded vocals, the dubbing and whatever else, people these days don't care.  My point was simply to answer the question and say that for people who  follow real singers it's actually very easy to know when someone is using pre-recorded vocals or not.  IMO using pre-recorded vocals that are different from the studio in order to trick audiences into believing that they are "live" is very deceiving.

Edited by wboxoffice

context: outside of her 2013-2016 pop megahits, I knew very few of her songs

dont know how common this sentiment is (I assume not very), but the song that has stuck with me from this, now my favorite of hers, is The Man

everything about it is just a ton of fun

the recording of it in this movie is a million times better than the awful music video on youtube

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

I still don't get how she's so big without having any massive hit songs. Blank Space is the only good, hit song of hers. And she has 2-3 songs which are good, but not massive like All too Well and Style. The rest of her discography is mostly filler. It's weird how she doesn't have massive songs that play for months.

She's the reverse Rihanna. Riri has hit songs, but not massive albums sales. I'd take Rihanna ...her songs will be played for generations to come like Umbrella, Diamonds. I feel Taylor Swift doesn't have a massive hit as those two Riri songs

Edited by Maggie
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

48 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I still don't get how she's so big without having any massive hit songs. Blank Space is the only good, hit song of hers. And she has 2-3 songs which are good, but not massive like All too Well and Style. The rest of her discography is mostly filler. It's weird how she doesn't have massive songs that play for months.

She's the reverse Rihanna. Riri has hit songs, but not massive albums sales. I'd take Rihanna ...her songs will be played for generations to come like Umbrella, Diamonds. I feel Taylor Swift doesn't have a massive hit as those two Riri songs

Those hit songs are what made her so big (along with Shake it Off and a few songs from Red and 1989).

She somehow expanded her demo ever further during the pandemic by dipping her toes into indie-pop with Folklore and Evermore back-to-back. And now TikTok virality plays a huge role. Some of her latest songs like Anti-Hero, Bejeweled, and Karma go viral easily, and even Cruel Summer was so big that she released it as a single four years late.

Plus the carefully-crafted “(white) girl next door vibe” through her teens and most of her twenties went a long way compared to some of the former Disney stars around the same age as her who were doing…other stuff in their personal lives.

Also she been repackaging her old albums, so nostalgia keeps her on top too.

Edited by Speedorito
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

At least in the United States, Taylor Swift  has songs which are as big, if not bigger, than Rihannas hit songs.  If you look at the RIAA certifications Umbrella + Diamonds have a combined 15x platinum while You Belong with Me + Love Story also have 15x platinum.  

Edited by BOfficeStats

I would agree she's an album artist over a singles artist but saying she doesn't have big singles is pretty hilarious.

Her singles this year alone:

Anti-Hero: #1 on the Hot 100 for 8 weeks, #1 on radio

Lavender Haze: #2 on the Hot 100, #5 on radio

Cruel Summer: #1 on the Hot 100 for 4 weeks, #1 on radio

Is It Over Now?: #1 on the Hot 100, currently #7 and climbing on radio

Beyond that: On US Billboard Hot 100, as of November 2023, Swift is the female musician with the most charted songs (231), most top-40 songs (137), most top-20 songs (85), most top-10 songs (49), most top-10 debuts (38), most top-five songs (31), and most number-one debuts (6).

Edited by Taylor
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Maggie said:

You clearly don’t like her and that’s totally fine but Taylor Swift is the artist with most Pop Radio #1’s ever so I really don’t know who you’re trying to convince 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Maggie said:

Boring. Nothing is weird. You just don't understand because you clearly haven't been paying much attention. Just say that. Better yet say nothing at all. Hope this helps. 🙏

On 12/22/2023 at 5:14 PM, Maggie said: