kayumanggi

THE WILD ROBOT | 09.27.2024 | Universal | Chris Sanders to direct | official trailer 2 on page 7

I don't think its opening or legs will make a difference to Uni's PVOD strategy. It will release the same time regardless. 

Let's please get this out of the way right now so we don't have the same stale rage cycle when the date is announced later. It's been proven to have no effect on box office multiple times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WebSurfer said:

hm, based on early tracking, it could open higher.

It could be the biggest OW for a non sequel animated movie this decade after Mario and the biggest original animated movie since the first Spiderverse in 2018 ( and It's inspired by a big franchise and could open bigger) or maybe Coco in 2017.

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

I don't think its opening or legs will make a difference to Uni's PVOD strategy. It will release the same time regardless. 

Let's please get this out of the way right now so we don't have the same stale rage cycle when the date is announced later. It's been proven to have no effect on box office multiple times.

They have different dates depending on whether it hits that 50 mill or not. The strategy won't change I think they're just hoping it gets a month of the 50 mill and over instead of the 17 days for the under 50 mill OW movies. 

Edited by wattage

2 hours ago, WebSurfer said:

I guess using this as a starting point, it looks like TWR is getting good WOM in china.

This was my hope since presales were so small, hopefully the WOM is strong enough to push it outside of the niche category over there! Sometimes what happens is that a Hollywood import gets great reception but the audience was so small it just can't break out beyond it. Fingers crossed. 

58 minutes ago, wattage said:

This was my hope since presales were so small, hopefully the WOM is strong enough to push it outside of the niche category over there! Sometimes what happens is that a Hollywood import gets great reception but the audience was so small it just can't break out beyond it. Fingers crossed. 

Saturday presales are very low.

1.24m¥ with 50.7k shows.

Edited by efialtes76

On 9/20/2024 at 2:08 PM, wattage said:

The Day 2 seems to be exactly what I wanted, hopefully it continues to grow It had a very good jump. 

6 hours ago, WebSurfer said:

A few reactions from fantastic fest:

I've only seen one negative review from a critic so far, don't remember who.

Heh, I know Rotten Tomatoes has a mixed reception, but The Wild Robot is now down at 97% with 37 reviews. The person who gave it a negative review is the critic I was referring to here...

Edited by WebSurfer

Almost $7M from only 8 regions is honestly not bad at all. It's certainly a good sign for things to come when it opens in the rest of the world next weekend. I'm pissed over Transformers failing, so I really hope people show up for this movie at least. I can't see it until it opens in mid-November in my area, so I'll just cheer from the sidelines.