XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

I really don't see where people keep coming up with "audiences have spoken: they hate Kamala" from. Vellani has gotten near universal praise both in her show and for The Marvels. Even the weirdo psycho chuds who blame Brie Larson and Rachel Zegler for everything under the sun don't seem to hate her that much. I don't know why people's takeaway from The Marvels seems to be "they should get rid of the one thing almost everyone agrees that they liked about it"

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I really don't see where people keep coming up with "audiences have spoken: they hate Kamala" from. Vellani has gotten near universal praise both in her show and for The Marvels. Even the weirdo psycho chuds who blame Brie Larson and Rachel Zegler for everything under the sun don't seem to hate her that much. I don't know why people's takeaway from The Marvels seems to be "they should get rid of the one thing almost everyone agrees that they liked about it"

They're just trying to hide the fact that they themselves hate the character and the actress simply because she's a brown Muslim girl.

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, DInky said:

They're just trying to hide the fact that they themselves hate the character and the actress simply because she's a brown Muslim girl.

Don't forget the fact that she's 1) genuinely excited to be part of the MCU and 2) isn't publicly phased by how little The Marvels is making in theaters.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

The big hurdle facing Kamala/Iman isn't so much  herself as the baggage she has to deal with. Too few people watched her TV series, and her big break on film was marred by the movie around her being utter crap. And personally I felt she was a tad flanderized in The Marvels when compared to her TV series. So I can see why not everyone likes her, especially since that movie was most likely the first time many encountered her.

• Like 1

Two things:

One - even for CCXP they're slow on their schedule this year. The con begins tomorrow and there's multiple Thunder Stage panels still unannounced?

Two - Venom 3 being the last movie means there's a very real possibility Sony will repeat history and cram him into Spider-Man 4 since they very, very clearly want to have them fight. Though Hardy was in the end of the last one and it's not like they had too much trouble with the multiverse villains in No Way Home...I do kinda wonder where that'd fit in if the main villain is still going to be Kingpin.

11 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

No opinion on the show but calling something ‘marvel zombies’ after the year it’s had is not great timing 

Well the comic originated because that actually was a term for Marvel fans for a while.

But if one of Marvels issues is people wanting something different, and this new show is gonna be as violent as the comics were....Zombies sure is that.

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Two things:

One - even for CCXP they're slow on their schedule this year. The con begins tomorrow and there's multiple Thunder Stage panels still unannounced?

Two - Venom 3 being the last movie means there's a very real possibility Sony will repeat history and cram him into Spider-Man 4 since they very, very clearly want to have them fight. Though Hardy was in the end of the last one and it's not like they had too much trouble with the multiverse villains in No Way Home...I do kinda wonder where that'd fit in if the main villain is still going to be Kingpin.

Marvel has made it pretty clear they don't want any of Sony's own adaptations entering their world, as evidenced by Venom's grand entrance into the main Marvel universe lasting a whopping two months before he got kicked out. And he didn't even get to interact with any major characters, let alone his iconic nemesis. If there is to be a fight between the two, then Venom 3 is Sony's last chance for it, and it'll likely have to be their own Spider-Man either preexisting or brand new.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Marvel has made it pretty clear they don't want any of Sony's own adaptations entering their world, as evidenced by Venom's grand entrance into the main Marvel universe lasting a whopping two months before he got kicked out. And he didn't even get to interact with any major characters, let alone his iconic nemesis. If there is to be a fight between the two, then Venom 3 is Sony's last chance for it, and it'll likely have to be their own Spider-Man either preexisting or brand new.

Ehh I'm not sure. I feel if any Spider-Man, whether it's Holland or not, were in Venom 3 they would have shouted it from the rooftops by now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Kamala is quite a successful character in the comics, and her TV show was well received. Agreed that she was the best part of the Marvels as well.

The only negative reception she's had so far was that she was the central character of the Avengers VG, when people were expecting Thor, Cap & IM to be the central characters, and felt the promotional material essentially did not show that.

14 minutes ago, Jean Claude Web Madam said:

Kamala is quite a successful character in the comics, and her TV show was well received. Agreed that she was the best part of the Marvels as well.

The only negative reception she's had so far was that she was the central character of the Avengers VG, when people were expecting Thor, Cap & IM to be the central characters, and felt the promotional material essentially did not show that.

Honestly even in the Avengers game she was good, the problem with that one is that it was a dogass live service game (which WB is about to repeat with Suicide Squad)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Honestly even in the Avengers game she was good, the problem with that one is that it was a dogass live service game (which WB is about to repeat with Suicide Squad)

Yeah don't disagree, the game had it's problems, but Ms Marvel wasn't one of them.
Just pointing out that people were not expecting her to be the main character, which lead to disappointment.

5 minutes ago, Jean Claude Web Madam said:

Yeah don't disagree, the game had it's problems, but Ms Marvel wasn't one of them.
Just pointing out that people were not expecting her to be the main character, which lead to disappointment.

It was a dumb decision to make her the MC, when Avengers fans were expecting Cap or Iron Man to be the MC. Make her the lead for some DLC levels or somthing.

That's like making Mantis the lead of the GOTG game instead of Starlord.

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

It was a dumb decision to make her the MC, when Avengers fans were expecting Cap or Iron Man to be the MC. Make her the lead for some DLC levels or somthing.

That's like making Mantis the lead of the GOTG game instead of Starlord.

....but she isn't the main character. You can choose whatever character you want to play as. She's just the first playable character outside the tutorials