XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

1 hour ago, cooldude97 said:

there not scrapping ironheart, since it has already finished filming, also anyone who suggests "doing a zaslav" as a good thing is a dipshit 

it's definitely anti-art and perhaps unethical, but it would also be a sound business decision to scrap projects that would only crater the reputation of your brand/make releases feel like non-events. 

59 minutes ago, TommyOliver said:

I'm guessing he thinks the fact these are a collection of anti-heroes makes this movie unlike other Marvel flicks

The fact that he's doing press about his marvel movie is literally the only reason you'd need to explain why he said "this movie is unlike other Marvel flicks." Marvel has found a version of that line for pretty much every film since phase 2.

30 minutes ago, Kon said:

Fortunately, Disney+ show don't have their names (except Winter Soldier), so people won't have the feeling they need to see previous Disney+ shows.

I think the disadvantage about their 3-7 years absence could be overcome if Thunderbolts movies reintroduce the characters to the audience (the previous adventures could be only a background). It wouldn't be the first MCU movie introducing a team of character.

For that to work the pitch and the look of the team would need to be appealing for the public, both of aren't true with MCU Thunderbolts, that just feels like Great Value Suicide Squad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Masketta Man said:

For that to work the pitch and the look of the team would need to be appealing for the public, both of aren't true with MCU Thunderbolts, that just feels like Great Value Suicide Squad.

Yeah, it's Marvel's Suicide Squad. What's funny is that they're even making the same mistake with the villain that DC did. They're pitting a bunch of supersoldiers against a demigod (Sentry) who should be able to pulverize them all with ease.

Edited by DInky

1 minute ago, DInky said:

Yeah, it's Marvel's Suicide Squad.

I would have rather seen, if they are going for disfunctional super heros, to do The Great Lake Avengers, and make and out and out comedy out of it.

I think Feige did make a huge mistake in tying the Marvel Plus TV shows and the movies clese together with 'THe Marvels".That movie di dnot even try to explain to people who had not seen the shows who Ms. Marvel  was and how Monica got from a little girl to a superhoro. You did not have to retread the whole origin, but you cold have had a couple of flashbacks. 

And I have to laugh at the dime store Anti  Business attitude in these threads. Disney ..ean every studio ...is a business; it's first job id making money for the people who invested their money. 

And the alternative....the government controls everything...has been tried and has miserably failed.

With all it flaws, for entertaiment I think the Free Market works best.

1 hour ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

The fact that he's doing press about his marvel movie is literally the only reason you'd need to explain why he said "this movie is unlike other Marvel flicks." Marvel has found a version of that line for pretty much every film since phase 2.

Plus he's not going to torpedo his career by running out and saying "oh no, I think my Marvel movie is going to suck!" He's contractually obligated to be in it and he signed up back when Marvel was at their Endgame peak. Let's cut the guy some slack. He's only talking about Thunderbolts because he's out doing promo for his Godzilla show and the press loves to ask about Marvel stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Yeah, I just don't think any of that means much of anything. He also said that they've churned out too many sequels, even though his plan to turn things around based on what he's actually touted and greenlit among all his film divisions is...a bunch of sequels.

He was referring to Thor4, Ant-Man3, and may be even MoM, not The Marvels, when he said "too many sequels." He considers Captain Marvel (I don't know if he would still consider her a flagship character after this disaster at box office) a flagship Marvel character; she is one of the four Marvel characters present on his Twitter header. He must be very disappointed with the result, so it is not surprising that he only talked about The Marvels flopping but not Haunted Mansion or The Wish.

Edited by Willowra
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Willowra said:

He was referring to Thor4, Ant-Man3, and may be even MoM, not The Marvels, when he said "too many sequels." He considers Captain Marvel (I don't know if he would still consider her a flagship character after this disaster at box office) a flagship Marvel character; she is one of the four Marvel characters present on his Twitter header. He must be very disappointed with the result, so it is not surprising that he only talked about The Marvels flopping but not Haunted Mansion or The Wish.

Are you suggesting that Captain Marvel is a more important character than Thor? And Dr. Strange is a B character but even he is more important  than Carol Danvers.

Edited by eddyxx

21 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Are you suggesting that Captain Marvel is a more important character than Thor? And Dr. Strange is a B character but even he is more important  than Carol Danvers.

Ask Bob Iger not me why she is present on his twitter header but not Thor or Strange.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, John Marston said:

Iger constantly talking about quantity, You cannot justify Agatha, Ironheart, Echo, Young Avengers, She Hulk Season 2, Ms Marvel Season 2, Eternals 2 etc then

"You just can't justify female led movies/shows"

This thread feels like nerdrotics' comment section at times

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, John Marston said:

Iger constantly talking about quantity, You cannot justify Agatha, Ironheart, Echo, Young Avengers, She Hulk Season 2, Ms Marvel Season 2, Eternals 2 etc then

Well, they have created Marvel Spotlight to "solve" the issue with too many shows.

They won't reduce the amount of shows, but the stories will be pretty independent from the movies. So, these shows won't have or need involvement from MCU movies side.

Edited by Kon

21 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

"You can't justify Agatha, a spinoff of the most critically successful Marvel show by the same creator"

Anyways, with CCXP off the table odds are our first (official) footage of Deadpool is gonna come during the Super Bowl.

The thing with Agatha I feel like all the hype it had will be gone by the time it premiered. There will be a roughly 3-year difference between the end of Wandavision and Agatha new's show 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Wandavisionlover0924 said:

The thing with Agatha I feel like all the hype it had will be gone by the time it premiered. There will be a roughly 3-year difference between the end of Wandavision and Agatha new's show 

That's the trouble with a lot of post-Endgame projects. Ironheart is supposed to come out September 2025, 3 years after Wakanda Forever.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So? If the show is good "distance" doesn't matter. Especially when people were literally just complaining about the shows coming out too fast!

I think they complained about too many, not too fast.

In tv, people are used to yearly seasons.  And they probably keep up with 4-5 shows total for the year for serials.

So, rather than how-many-different shows (like too many), all with season 1, after the beginning of Wanda, Hawkeye, Cap and Winter Soldier, and Loki (the heroes you decided to put on tv 1st), you'd have done Wanda Season 2, Hawkeye Season 2, Loki Season 2, and Cap and Winter Soldier Season 2 the next year...and that's it.  And you wouldn't do a new show til you told the audience you have a series finale of the old ones.  No expansion of the universe of characters - and the ability to watch the 5 minute recap of season 1 to get to the season 2s...and the same after season 2s...

Edit to Add: That's how tv works...too long and people abandon the shows b/c they assume they are abandoned.  

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2