XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

16 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

True, but I don't see Punisher working with Kingpin or the Sinister Six or whoever. And based on the sounds of it Sony wants a movie character specifically like how the previous films had Tony, Fury, and Strange.

Also, Varietys report on Eyes of Wakanda confirms Coogler A: worked on it, and B: it's not the only Wakanda show he's working on.

I could see a DD/Spiderman team up vs Kingpin and his guns for hire Bullseye and Punisher(No Electra). Where Punisher starts off bad but gets turned and eliminates Bulleye at the end in a great battle while DD and Spidey defeats Wilson Fisk.

A more grounded movie with more story and minimal cgi.

Could be amazing with the right script and a Frank Miller vibe through the movie

Properbly not they way Sony wants to go. But a guy can dream right. Would 100% be my first pitch if i ever had a sit down with Feige

• Like 1

Ehhh MCU Frank isn't quite as "all crime deserves instant death" unhinged as he is in the comics but I really, really can't see him working for Fisk. Especially if theyre keeping the original show as canon, where Fisk literally sends a dozen men to kill Frank in prison.

I don't think it'll be Frank Miller in tone since it is at the end of the day Spider-Man. But it sounds a lot like they're doing something along the lines of Devils Reign.

Spoiler

Apparently, Charlie Cox and Vincent are going to join the movie, Spidey, Ant Man and Daredevil will team up to defeat Mayor Fisk and maybe the sinister six.

I would discard Ant Man since no one cares about him anyways. 

If true and done right Spiderman 4 is another easy 1B for Sony / Marvel.

Edited by Belakor

'THE MARVELS' vs 'AVENGERS: ENDGAME' adjusted for inflation

The Marvels Avengers:
Endgame
Domestic Release Date Nov 10, 2023 Apr 26, 2019
Production Budget $274,800,000 $459,825,328
Opening Weekend Theaters 4,030 4,662
Maximum Theaters 4,030 4,662
Theatrical Engagements 15,030 37,780
Domestic Opening Weekend $46,110,859 $410,526,313
Domestic Box Office $83,382,226 $986,754,115
International Box Office $115,658,487 $2,219,277,147
Worldwide Box Office $199,040,713 $3,206,031,262
  Remove Remove

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Tried to look from the reactions from the people who were at the What If event to see if there were any descriptions of the footage from the other shows that was shown. I could only find two: one saying that YFNSM was "just like a comic book" (which seems to mean it has the same art style as the concept art they showed last year), and that Eyes of Wakanda "looked like Pixar", the vaguest possible description beyond it being probably 3D animation. No word on the conflicting reports of X-Men 97s animation style.

Here are the OW/total grosses of phase 3 adjusted (assuming $11 ATP for 2023)

Civil War - 228/519

Doctor Strange - 108/295

GOTG 2 - 179/477

SMHC - 144/410

Ragnarok - 150/386

Black Panther - 243/840

Infinity War - 308/815

Ant-Man 2 - 91/260

Cap Marvel - 184/512

Endgame - 429/1030

SMFFH - 111/468

P3 is 195/547 average (204 OW average if FFH opened on a Wednesday)

And here's phase 2

Iron Man 3 - 235/552

The Dark World - 116/279

Winter Soldier - 128/350

GOTG 1 - 127/449

Age of Ultron - 249/599

Ant-Man - 74/235

P2 is 155/412 average

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

Apparently during the initial filming of Born Again there was a new years thing that involved people wearing hats with the Pym logo sponsorship...could have been just an Easter egg but if Pym tech was (is?) involved in the story that'd make Ant-Mans inclusion into what Critical 4K is saying is "street level civil war" more appropriate 

I’d actually prefer they used this to go a more fun route with Kang. Get someone like Adrian Lester who can handle the comedy and tone down the action stuff. The conqueror is dead so there’s no reason we need another punchy Kang variant.

Go all in on the recasting. Have lots of Kangs - connected more by their nature/actions than something as dull as their appearance.

36 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Majors career at Disney may be over, but he will work again. 6 months from now apology tour crying in an interview with Oprah

His carreer is over for the foreseeable future, period.

Asault is a pretty serious rap. He will be a pariah for some time to come. it's not like he was really a major star.

1 minute ago, Belakor said:

So why Disney hasn't replaced him yet?  they killed Johnny Deeps's career even before he was declared innocent.  

You might not have noticed this, but there was a minor thing called A WRITERS STRIKE and shortly soon afterwards AN ACTORS STRIKE.

Caused a small amount of disruption to production cycles as well as news announcements.

I would also add that if we're gonna use the ever popular (not to mention nefarious) All Powerful "THEY", as far as I know, Jonathan Majors has received exactly the same amount of new roles in the last few months that Johnny Depp did in the immediate aftermath of his scandal:

ZERO.

Seems to me that, if anything, Major's career is deader than Depp's was at similar points in time.

• Like 1

Also, they need to scrap the "Kang / multi verse" saga, that whole fiasco really didn't clicked with the audience, bringing in another actor is not  going to work either with these poor scripts.

A CGI villain should do better, Galactus or Dr. Doom should come next.

Edited by Belakor

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

I would also add that if we're gonna use the ever popular (not to mention nefarious) All Powerful "THEY", as far as I know, Jonathan Majors has received exactly the same amount of new roles in the last few months that Johnny Depp did in the immediate aftermath of his scandal:

ZERO.

Seems to me that, if anything, Major's career is deader than Depp's was at similar points in time.

Depp was not convicted of a serious crime like Majors has.

Pretty sure Disney was going to drop Majors no matter what, but decided to wait to see what owuld happen in court. Now they  hvse clear legal grounds to invoke the morals clause every contract for an actor has,

Majors career is DOA. he can't do the apology tour routine with a assault rap on his record.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Majors probably under contract , they needed a solid reason to fire him and not pay him. Depp has nothing to do with Disney.

If a studio wants to get  rid of you, they can usually find a way., Being convicted for a major crime just makes the job of the legal department really easy.