XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

The article didn't specify if it was just for TV or if it was movies as well, but it definitely seems to be heading that way. If Punisher got a surge just from being the same rating as Echo I wouldn't be shocked if that one gets a revival after he shows up in Born Again.

Sebastian Stan says he’s going in for Thunderbolts in a month, and some leakers are saying March 4th specifically is the beginning of filming. More likely that this is the next film after Captain America 4 and will probably get the May 2025 date from Fantastic Four (unless they move Cap 4 back again).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Sebastian Stan says he’s going in for Thunderbolts in a month, and some leakers are saying March 4th specifically is the beginning of filming. More likely that this is the next film after Captain America 4 and will probably get the May 2025 date from Fantastic Four (unless they move Cap 4 back again).

I can see it. My guess is Sony stakes a date for Spidey 4 at Cinemacon and thatll be when all the other movies shift around as they need to, since there's no point in shifting them before then since they'd need to again for Spidey anyways.

10 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I can see it. My guess is Sony stakes a date for Spidey 4 at Cinemacon and thatll be when all the other movies shift around as they need to, since there's no point in shifting them before then since they'd need to again for Spidey anyways.

Yeah that sounds likely, like back in 2015 when everything from Ragnarok onwards got moved for Homecoming after the OG Sony-Marvel deal was announced. 

Up until late last year I was certain that June 2025 date Sony has would be SM4. But even if it was it’s pretty clear that isn’t the case and it’s gonna be 2026, or at the very earliest late 2025 like No Way Home (Tom Holland is supposedly shooting his Fred Astaire movie this year which puts a wrench into things).

Thunderbolts was originally meant to be the next Marvel movie after Cap 4, as well as the final movie of Phase Five, so it would make sense to move it to the May spot. I assume it’s supposed to serve as something of a continuation anyway. 

Gonna assume Sony pushes Spidey 4 for late 2025 and the July 2025 slot goes to FF, since Blade seems like it's still not quite there yet.

Don't know if it's wise to go for 4 releases again, but if you spread them from February through December, it could work.

9 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Gonna assume Sony pushes Spidey 4 for late 2025 and the July 2025 slot goes to FF, since Blade seems like it's still not quite there yet.

Don't know if it's wise to go for 4 releases again, but if you spread them from February through December, it could work.

December has avatar 3.  

Cap 4

Thunderbolts and FF can swap btn may /July.

Blade.

But personally think blade will move to Feb 2026 . Spidey 4 back to it's July slot in 2026. Announce the movie for Nov 2026.

Think They will have 3 movies for 2025. FF or thunderbolts may move to late 2025 . 

33 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Would Spidey even be ready filming for late 2025? 

Yeah, dont think 4 movies+3 LA shows is a good idea per calander year. Think the schedule will likely be:

2025: Cap 4 in May/TB in July/F4 in November 

Ironheart, Wonder Man and Daredevil being shows

2026: Blade in Feburary/SM4 in May/Shang-Chi 2 or DS3 in July

2027: DS3 or SC2 in February/Armor Wars in May/a psuedo Avengers in November

2028: Avengers 5/F42

2029: Secret Wars

50 minutes ago, YM! said:

Would Spidey even be ready filming for late 2025? 

Yeah, dont think 4 movies+3 LA shows is a good idea per calander year. Think the schedule will likely be:

2025: Cap 4 in May/TB in July/F4 in November 

Ironheart, Wonder Man and Daredevil being shows

2026: Blade in Feburary/SM4 in May/Shang-Chi 2 or DS3 in July

2027: DS3 or SC2 in February/Armor Wars in May/a psuedo Avengers in November

2028: Avengers 5/F42

2029: Secret Wars

If Sony wants that out by late 2025, they will find their way, but for Marvel's shake, they better keep it for summer/late 2026.

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t see Spidey coming out any sooner than November 2025. December wouldn’t be an option either, because Disney has Avatar 3 coming out that month, and I doubt they’d be willing to move it to make way for Sony. 

Ummm, when has an Avatar movie ever come out on time?

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t see Spidey coming out any sooner than November 2025. December wouldn’t be an option either, because Disney has Avatar 3 coming out that month, and I doubt they’d be willing to move it to make way for Sony. 

That seems reasonable, if they had say a director and writers already set up and are just waiting for an announcement that could work. If the rumors are true of it being Daredevil related the production shakeup could also impact it.

Not really given the decade plus gap between the first and second. If Cameron wants more time he'll get it.

These are, allegedly, 3D models and not actually 2D. If so and this effect pulls off in the final footage (and from some reactions of people whove seen it, it does), this could look real, real good.

It sounds like this is separate from the Eyes of Wakanda thing.

There are people mad at the idea of someone being a new Iron Fist who I guess must not have watched the actual Iron Fist show or how it ended or who was Iron Fist at the end of it.

sddefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It sounds like this is separate from the Eyes of Wakanda thing.

There are people mad at the idea of someone being a new Iron Fist who I guess must not have watched the actual Iron Fist show or how it ended or who was Iron Fist at the end of it.

sddefault.jpg

A character like Danny Rand, a white man as a mystical martial arts master, just isn't going to fly in this day and age. The Loeb regime was already hit with cultural appropiation accusations during the Season 1 promotional campaign, so I don't blame Feige for not wanting to stoke those flames. Hopefully this new Iron Fist will indeed be Colleen Wing instead of a lame original character. Her actress is even of Chinese descent to boot!

On another note, there have been a lot of conflicting hints from the scooperbro circle regarding Daredevil that surfaced today. Without getting into detail, I'll just say that not only might the creative reboot be exaggerated, but the final result might anger the fans more than if they'd gone ahead with their original plans.

It definitely sounds like it's not a page one rewrite of the whole show like some thought at least.

And yeah, Danny's been pushed a bit to the side in the comics too recently. It makes more sense the way they handle it in the show though, and here it at least sounds like he may still be involved.