XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

3 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

If there wasn't before, there will be now. The entertainment press will be racing to be the first out with the inside story on what went down here. It's very likely we'll learn more.

...maybe? If this were like a live action project but an animated series it probably wont be. The article says there's a premiere event tomorrow, so maybe some questions will be asked then, but unless it's something criminal we probably won't know why the actual reason specifically is.

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It could very well be that he's an asshole and that's why he was fired, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's some story about to break.

Alright, wanted to leave this as thoughts, but I will point out that if he was "just" an asshole, or hell, "just" creative differences, segments of the Entertainment Press/Internet are gonna flip out that a person who was both a minority and LGBTQ+ got fired where white male writers/show runners either weren't or were allowed to at least attend their premieres.

That's what I was alluding to in a prior post.

I know exactly how social media thinks nowadays.  We all do.  Unless something REAL BAD WENT DOWN SOMEWHERE (and, obviously I hope it didn't), a messy disrespectful breakup (and not inviting him to the premiere is pretty much the definition of disrespectful) is gonna be noted.  And be a story in and of itself, no matter how irritating gossip story are to some.

(and, anyway, Hollywood lives and breathes on gossip/disrespect stories and has literally since it became an industry 100 years ago so me pointing this out that this has a high chance of happening is like pointing out that the sun has a high chance of rising in the east tomorrow morning)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

...maybe? If this were like a live action project but an animated series it probably wont be. The article says there's a premiere event tomorrow, so maybe some questions will be asked then, but unless it's something criminal we probably won't know why the actual reason specifically is.

Right now his firing is the top story on the Hollywood Reporter website. Marvel gets clicks, so yeah entertainment journalists are going to be working to get the inside story. How accurate it will be (because both sides will likely try and push their version of events) will be up for debate, but they're almost certainly coming. The firing of Victoria Alonso, the behind scenes dramas on Daredevil Born Again, Secret Invasion, Blade, and The Marvels have all been subjects of these kind of behind the scenes write-ups. I don't think this show being animated is likely to make much difference here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Right now his firing is the top story on the Hollywood Reporter website. Marvel gets clicks, so yeah entertainment journalists are going to be working to get the inside story. How accurate it will be (because both sides will likely try and push their version of events) will be up for debate, but they're almost certainly coming. The firing of Victoria Alonso, the behind scenes dramas on Daredevil Born Again, Secret Invasion, Blade, and The Marvels have all been subjects of these kind of behind the scenes write-ups. I don't think this show being animated is likely to make much difference here.

Not even remotely the same thing. Unless, again, something criminal has happened, I really doubt this is going to be a big press feeding frenzy

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Not even remotely the same thing. Unless, again, something criminal has happened, I really doubt this is going to be a big press feeding frenzy

Yeah I'm sure this one thing will escape the same level of scrutiny that all Marvel behind the scenes drama gets because it's...*checks notes*...animated. Also, I never said feeding frenzy (unless you think any of those instances I cited were "feeding frenzies"). But if you want to place your bets on this receiving no additional reporting then more power to you I guess.

Just now, ZeroHour said:

Yeah I'm sure this one thing will escape the same level of scrutiny that all Marvel behind the scenes drama gets because it's...*checks notes*...animated.

Unironically yes. What If changed showrunners for its third season as well and it wasn't some mass controversy 

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Unironically yes. What If changed showrunners for its third season as well and it wasn't some mass controversy 

If you can't see the differences between that situation and this one, I don't think there's anything really left to say.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

If you can't see the differences between that situation and this one, I don't think there's anything really left to say.

I mean we know one was fired and one left. We can speculate of course but I think other than some "no comments" on the red carpet tomorrow this is probably the last we hear of it anytime soon

There’s no way that this was a simple case of creative differences. Outlets wouldn’t be using the word “fired” if that were the case. Also, why would this happen right before the premiere, instead of earlier in the creative process? It sounds like there was probably an internal investigation.

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Huh? They couldn't have waited until a few weeks after the show premiered? Did he murder someone or something?

It sounds like whatever it is they don't want him doing press for the show. We might get more information at the premiere tomorrow, but my guess it'll be at most incredibly vague.

I wouldn't care about the x-men 97 guy getting fired if his social media wasn't erased and both parties are refusing to comment. It makes it seem like it's something sinister he did or criminal. I'm thinking he abused some one.

21 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

There’s no way that this was a simple case of creative differences. Outlets wouldn’t be using the word “fired” if that were the case. Also, why would this happen right before the premiere, instead of earlier in the creative process? It sounds like there was probably an internal investigation.

Given the heat that Disney will take for this firing, I got a feeling there is another shoe to drop. They could have eased  him out without such a fuss and not abrupty fired him unless something is affot.

But you can bet the trades have their best investigative reporters looking into this. Stay tuned.

7 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I wouldn't care about the x-men 97 guy getting fired if his social media wasn't erased and both parties are refusing to comment. It makes it seem like it's something sinister he did or criminal. I'm thinking he abused some one.

I agree - I'm thinking abuse and/or age is an issue right now.  That's about the only thing that would wipe social media.

2 hours ago, AMCTheater2000 said:

Obviously, but is this a leak claiming explicit knowledge CM3 isn't moving forward or is it just extrapolation from on the record statements by Bob Iger?

edit: Obviously I should have read the comment above this one which makes it pretty clear. 

Edited by PlatnumRoyce