XXR vs XXR

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I would argue that X-Men is probably the most popular group of characters from Marvel aside from Spider-Man. They’re just a very cool cast and idea.

That’s not exactly a hot take. At the very least, that was definitely the case prior to the MCU. 

That's a big thing that keeps me confident in the MCU long term. Theyve barely even touched the X-Men, and it definitely feels like mutants are the next big push after the multiverse (I mean Im sure the Multiverse will still be around in some way but it won't be the focus of the whole franchise). And after Deadpool and Wolverine? Oh yeah. Get ready for all the mutants.

even though X-Men in terms of the comics are the most popular in terms of movies they were never the biggest. Easily getting beaten by Spider-Man and later Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and of course The Avengers. Likely being more serious and low scale compared to these other films likely limited their reach

One thing Fox had the right idea on was making X-Men its own cinematic universe, because there’s enough stories in that group of characters to power one with a diverse array of movies. Their problem is that even before the Disney buyout they bungled it right at the start.

The MCU could be mutant focused after the Multiverse saga and it could be a good move (great even) if they get it right. You could potentially do the mix of genres that Fox was thinking of for their attempt (main action movies, horror for New Mutants and Kitty Pryde, comedy for Gambit etc). They can do a lot of the lifting for the MCU well into the future with Fantastic Four and Spider-Man as well.

On 3/20/2024 at 7:09 PM, dudalb said:

If ture, then transformed from a 200 Million dollar movie to a inexpensive animated show.

I don’t think Kumail Nanjiani got fit for this.

Edited by eddyxx

16 hours ago, eddyxx said:

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/disney-criticizes-peltz-remarks-about-casting-black-panther-the-marvels-2024-03-23/

wow if this guy gets on the board, I think Feige’s time at marvel will be drawing to a close.

Not surprising, Perlmutter was the reason why it took so long to get Black Panther and any female-led movies off the ground. What is surprising is that Peltz is so blatant about it. The fact that Black Panther still upsets them even though it made a ton of money really shows what this is all about.

Also notice how Peltz said that he has nothing against women (I doubt that) but didn't even bother saying that regarding black people?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DInky said:

Not surprising, Perlmutter was the reason why it took so long to get Black Panther and any female-led movies off the ground. What is surprising is that Peltz is so blatant about it. The fact that Black Panther still upsets them even though it made a ton of money really shows what this is all about.

Also notice how Peltz said that he has nothing against women (I doubt that) but didn't even bother saying that regarding black people?

Got to love how they just say the quiet stuff out loud now. Hmm I wonder who has fueled all that. 

48 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Got to love how they just say the quiet stuff out loud now. Hmm I wonder who has fueled all that. 

They're also completely giving away the game. Once you start arguing that Marvel shouldn't have made Black Panther it's clear that they don't actually care about making Marvel profitable. It's just about bigotry.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Oh Perlmutter being a racist is very old news. If you mean Peltz it's because the interview is very recent.

Edited by SpiderByte

If they're planning for Spider-Man to film in September, it's possibly Sony could slate it for a holiday 2025 release. They'd probably have to knock the slate back to make it happen (probably Blade to early 2026 too), but it could work. They would need to pick a director pretty soon though, but with Goddard and Lin on the table it's sounding very promising.

7 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

If they're planning for Spider-Man to film in September, it's possibly Sony could slate it for a holiday 2025 release. They'd probably have to knock the slate back to make it happen (probably Blade to early 2026 too), but it could work. They would need to pick a director pretty soon though, but with Goddard and Lin on the table it's sounding very promising.

I think Spider-Man will take Blade's date and Blade will get pushed to Presidents Day.

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If Spider-Man comes out in 2025, November is basically the only option. Disney’s not going to push back Avatar 3 for Sony. 

You're right, they definitely won't. It would most likely mean Spider-Man getting Blade's date. It would also mean that Marvel is feeling confident that Fantastic Four will hit its July date because there won't be room for it to fall back into November once Sony dates Spidey 4.

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

If Spider-Man comes out in 2025, November is basically the only option. Disney’s not going to push back Avatar 3 for Sony. 

It could be delayed hypothetically, but apparently Lightstorm is going to be at D23 which likely means it's on track.

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Is that good?

I mean, it's "(very) good for animation", so depends on how one wants to look at it.  Will have to wait 'till we see Nielsen data before we can compare/contrast to something like What If?  Plus multiple weeks of data to see retention/growth over the weeks

I do note that the blurb says:

According to Disney, this marks the streamer’s most-watched Season 1 premiere for a full-length animated series since Marvel’s “What If…?”

but until we get harder numbers, it'll be hard to compare.  Either way, I'd say yes it is good.  Just have to remember the category it's being judged in.