XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

1 hour ago, YM! said:

I don’t get why Marvel just doesn’t say whatever DeMayo did. Abusers shouldn’t be protected.

This PR war is crazy. People need to understand DeMayo has to defend himself from Disney or his career is finished in Hollywood because people will assume the worst.

This Is The End controversy also has the director Baldoni and Blake Lively in a PR war right now. 

DeMayo really should hire a PR Crisis Manager like Baldoni.

Whatever DeMayo did, I’m guessing that Marvel/Disney is trying to keep it under wraps as much as possible because he’s still credited for season two of the show, and they don’t want it to be overshadowed by that. 

Edited by WittyUsername

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Whatever DeMayo did, I’m guessing that Marvel/Disney is trying to keep it under wraps as much as possible because he’s still credited for season two of the show, and they don’t want it to be overshadowed by that. 

he lost his season 2 credit:

Sources say that following his exit, an agreement was reached between the two parties over the issue of tweeting about the show, something that DeMayo had continued to occasionally do. In light of the breeches, his credit for season two was removed.

2 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

The fact that they hired him AFTER being fired from the witcher for the EXACT SAME SHIT is astounding. FFS Hollywood do a fucking background check

The article blames the animation department head Brad for hiring him but Beau was on Moon Knight and at one point Blade, the blame doesn’t stop at Brad.

Edited by YM!

2 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

I don’t get why DeMayo started talking like Disney wasn’t going to respond. Now it’s all out there hahaha what an idiot, not to mention creep

He’s a narcissist is why

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YM! said:

The article blames the animation department head Brad for hiring him but Beau was on Moon Knight and at one point Blade, the blame doesn’t stop at Brad.

This is the 3rd time it's happened post endgame. How hard is it to call up a former employer and ask why they were fired in Hollywood?!

11 minutes ago, YM! said:

I’m pretty sure Brad was working on those before he became head of animation but agreed. It’s easy to blame one guy and let the others get away. In the end Feige and some of the others should also get some blame imo. 

• Thanks 1

And shame on the trades too for not tracking this story down and doing some real reporting. I gave @SpiderByte a lot of crap at the time for saying that no one would do any reporting on this when his firing came to light, but he was absolutely right. It's shameful that it took this man making an ass of himself on twitter four months later before anyone would do any real reporting on this.

1 minute ago, ZeroHour said:

And shame on the trades too for not tracking this story down and doing some real reporting. I gave @SpiderByte a lot of crap at the time for saying that no one would do any reporting on this when his firing came to light, but he was absolutely right. It's shameful that it took this man making an ass of himself on twitter four months later before anyone would do any real reporting on this.

In fairness my argument was that since nothing had emerged it probably wasn't serious, which was only half true. But it does seem Demayo insinuating that he was fired because he was gay was the final straw to Disney just dumping everything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

These things don’t leak easily because the procedure is actually protecting the victims. This puts an unwanted and sad spotlight on them as well,  hence why it took so long to leak.