XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think realistic SDCC/D23 expectations are for them to cover stuff between now and up to Avengers 5, but not past that.

Maybe a new Avengers 5 title?

Gonna be a interesting to see if we get A Brave New World trailer in front of DP and W. The R Rating and   BNW being 6 and a half months out would point to no but it's not like Disney has any live action movies other than Alien Romulus  to put there assuming they have 2. Probably a Searchlight movie like Royal Pain or something.

2 hours ago, fmpro said:

Maybe a new Avengers 5 title?

Very plausible, though technically Disney never officially changed the name the way they changed Infinity War Part 2 to Untitled Avengers 4 for instance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Gonna be a interesting to see if we get A Brave New World trailer in front of DP and W. The R Rating and   BNW being 6 and a half months out would point to no but it's not like Disney has any live action movies other than Alien Romulus  to put there assuming they have 2. Probably a Searchlight movie like Royal Pain or something.

I think the timing makes a lot of sense. Assuming D&W is a giant crowd pleaser it would be smart of them to get the trailer for the next Marvel movie in front of that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

I think the timing makes a lot of sense. Assuming D&W is a giant crowd pleaser it would be smart of them to get the trailer for the next Marvel movie in front of that. 

It would be stupid not to tie it into D&W… If they can create a great trailer. A bad one with unfinished cg could also kill it. Crossing fingers for the first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fmpro said:

It would be stupid not to tie it into D&W… If they can create a great trailer. A bad one with unfinished cg could also kill it. Crossing fingers for the first.

Exactly, it would be stupid not to. People are excited for D&W but there is still a lot of doubt around Marvel. Like I said, if D&W is a crowd pleaser then the mood will be good and so getting a Brave New World trailer in there at the same time will help the mood around that movie going forward.

Like you said though, it has to be a great trailer.

• Like 1

A BNW trailer with Deadpool makes sense given that it would be good to piggyback off the hype, but it also depends on if they want all the attention on the latter.

Also with all the talk of who’s directing Avengers, are they gonna move to having one director do both movies like rumored or are they still gonna stick with the two separate directors that plan from before? The Levy rumors indicated it was just for movie 5.

4 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

Exactly, it would be stupid not to. People are excited for D&W but there is still a lot of doubt around Marvel. Like I said, if D&W is a crowd pleaser then the mood will be good and so getting a Brave New World trailer in there at the same time will help the mood around that movie going forward.

Like you said though, it has to be a great trailer.

Yeah it sounds like the trailer or footage they showed at Cinema Con went over well and they have had reshoots since to fix or add action scenes to the movie so it they can cut a good trailer out of that then no reason not too to get good buzz going. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah it sounds like the trailer or footage they showed at Cinema Con went over well and they have had reshoots since to fix or add action scenes to the movie so it they can cut a good trailer out of that then no reason not too to get good buzz going. 

That's great news. I'm starting to get a bit old for Marvel but I do kind of miss being hyped about the MCU. People criticized the "hyping the next big thing" nature of Marvel movies but I think that was its charm. That's what made it work. It's like looking forward to next weekend's episode of your favourite cartoon as a kid, or the next issue in a comic run. I viewed every MCU film not just as an Iron Man film or Captain America film, but as the next chapter in the overall story arc of the whole universe. It was fun!

Edited by Insomnia
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

That's great news. I'm starting to get a bit old for Marvel but I do kind of miss being hyped about the MCU. People criticized the "hyping the next big thing" nature of Marvel movies but I think that was its charm. That's what made it work. It's like looking forward to next weekend's episode of your favourite cartoon as a kid, or the next issue in a comic run. I viewed every MCU film not just as an Iron Man film or Captain America film, but as the next chapter in the overall story arc of the whole universe. It was fun!

I am older and still like and follow the MCU. Mostly just as being a movie fan in general. Never was a big comic book person growing up or at least since I was 10 or so.

16 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The question with the cap 4 trailer is really if they actually put it in front of Deadpool or wait till later in the summer at/after SDCC. I could see them having like a poster for the 4th of July or something.

Yeah that's true. They might want to headline their SDCC presentation with the trailer, which would be opening weekend for Deadpool anyway so it's not like the trailer would be playing with the movie long after it peaked in theatres.

38 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The question with the cap 4 trailer is really if they actually put it in front of Deadpool or wait till later in the summer at/after SDCC. I could see them having like a poster for the 4th of July or something.

Isn’t SDCC Deadpool’s OW? Feel like if they don’t do Deadpool, they’ll have it around Venom: The Last Dance

I would bet $$$ right now that Captain America: Brave New World is going to get a name change when the real marketing rollout begins. This has been on my mind for a while and I felt like offloading that thought here. It's a terrible name on it's own, and it's a compromised version of the original name anyway, and there's so much stigma attached to the project to begin with, it makes sense to bring in a new title that reflects whatever direction the film is leaning on with it's reshoots and re-edits. I don't think people would really care about another name change, and it's a low risk high reward move if they get an gripping subtitle. Because the current one ain't it.