XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

Deadpool 2 is insanely good. The jump in quality from the first one is insane.

Both are fantastic. But the first one is by far the best liked by most, that said I have the 2 at the top. Just think everything is smoother.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

So... Marvel does have a couple of options for replacing Kang as the villain. They probably need a big name actor too. Luckily there is a role that has been cast that has a big name playing it.

They always have had the options.

Not so sure about the big name being necessary,k though.

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

Both are fantastic. But the first one is by far the best liked by most, that said I have the 2 at the top. Just think everything is smoother.

Deadpool 2 was drop dead funny throughout...with the Green Lantern joke being the perfect way to cap the jokes.

Just now, dudalb said:

They always have had the options.

Not so sure about the big name being necessary,k though.

Don't want to say who it is.... Just a gut feeling from what Marvel has been publishing recently.

Just now, dudalb said:

True, but I suspect that they have not been all that sucessful with their post Avengers projects made coming back a lot more attractive to them.

That, and a big paycheck. I guess Marvle could use the Russo's lack of sucess post Avengers as muscle to pay them less money, but I think Marvel wants to make them happy, and in the end givng them a nice paycheck is peantus compared to what is at stake here.

Big pay check for Russo`s and 700 mill budget combined. Plus they always wanted to do Secret Wars. Sounds like a match in heaven. Make it happen

1 hour ago, budice said:

This also brings the entire Network of Avengers back into the fold whenever they want.

Iger will buy into this, its proven.

Maybe, but I think the Russos do not wnat to ruin what they did with Endgame. They do not want Stark and Natasha to be just another "COmic Book Death" Luckily the multiverse give them the way to do this. 

2 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Big pay check for Russo`s and 700 mill budget combined. Plus they always wanted to do Secret Wars. Sounds like a match in heaven. Make it happen

The big paycheck for the Russos will be small compared to the total budget. But I am betting they wil try to keep the budget for both films in the 500 to 600 Million level.

10 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

The second one is way more fun and just has way more action. Ik dumb reasoning but still.

Edited by HummingLemon496

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

The big paycheck for the Russos will be small compared to the total budget. But I am betting they wil try to keep the budget for both films in the 500 to 600 Million level.

250-300 mill just sounds like its hard to do if its a big event movie these days. Even CA4 has a cost around that i bet. I think we are around atleast 350 mill area pr movie

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think the final budget for both 3 and 4 wound up being higher than that. Avengers is as big as Star Wars, bigger even.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fmpro said:

250-300 mill just sounds like its hard to do if its a big event movie these days. Even CA4 has a cost around that i bet. I think we are around atleast 350 mill area pr movie

Maybe but I think we will see an effort to keep the budgets down. Disney..and every studio just cannot afford to spend what they have inthe past. That is just reality.

And then you have the issue that several directors Spilelberg in particular..have been saying that there is just too much waste through sloppiness and laziness in movies sending the budgets into the stratoshpere. He is convinced you can maek the same movies for less money just by being  a lot more efficent in filming then most movies are today. That he is famous for making a 100 Million dollar movie look like a 200 million one tells me he knows what he is talking about.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Maybe but I think we will see an effort to keep the budgets down. Disney..and every studio just cannot afford to spend what they have inthe past. That is just reality.

And then you have the issue that several directors Spilelberg in particular..have been saying that there is just too much waste through sloppiness and laziness in movies sending the budgets into the stratoshpere. He is convinced you can maek the same movies for less money just by being  a lot more efficent in filming then most movies are today. That he is famous for making a 100 Million dollar movie look like a 200 million one tells me he knows what he is talking about.

They will try. But i don`t think its possible for an Avengers movie. Im not even sure that 350 mill is enough

28 minutes ago, fmpro said:

They will try. But i don`t think its possible for an Avengers movie. Im not even sure that 350 mill is enough

A lot may be in the scripting; they might do a script not quite so depedents on  hugley epensive CGI to carry the action.

The non geek media has picked up on this, saying the Russos and the Writers are in talks about a return, not making defnent tehy are back statements.

My own betting is it is pretty much a done deal; the talks are just to nail down the details.

Assuming this was supposed to be kept for comic con but they were threatened with a leak. 

The Russo brothers were annoying about cinema during and just after Covid when they were promoting their straight-to-streaming films though. But this is better than Rick & Morty or whoever they had hired before.