XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

Is there even any story post-Endgame?

I liked Majors, too bad he turned out to be an abuser. They should just have recast him, but I guess people don't like Kang? I thought Ant Man 3 was fine, but the legs would hint that I am in the minority. 

Watched some of their series but not all. Will watch Deadpool whenever it reaches Disney+

I really wonder how much they are actually going to show at D23.
Because I just compared the 2022 schedule to this year and it's still a 2 hour slot, but this time it's not just Marvel, Lucasfilm and 20th century in that slot, but Pixar, Disney, WDA and Broadway as well(which had another separate 2 hour slot in 2022). That seems like a lot even if they go longer than 2 hours.

Edited by Youngstar

2 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

I really wonder how much they are actually going to show at D23.
Because I just compared the 2022 schedule to this year and it's still a 2 hour slot, but this time it's not just Marvel, Lucasfilm and 20th century in that slot, but Pixar, Disney, WDA and Broadway as well(which had another separate 2 hour slot in 2022). That seems like a lot even if they go longer than 2 hours.

Since Marvel didn't announce any new projects at Comic Con, my guess is they don't at D23 either. I think the speculation that it will all be D+ stuff is right with the focus on Agatha, Daredevil, Ironheart, and maybe Wonder Man. Maybe the big thing is they confirm the Vision show.

Animation has its own panel where they'll probably screen footage of the Spiderman and Wakanda shows.

On 7/28/2024 at 7:52 AM, Chaz said:

So, I assume RDJ will be playing a Tony Stark from an alternate universe who became Doctor Doom instead of Iron Man? Has that been done in the comics?

Oh maybe RDJ is just playing a different role in the MCU with no connection to Stark.

I really have problems understanding why so many geeks have problems with this concept.

Edited by dudalb

On 7/28/2024 at 10:47 AM, Mojoguy said:

Johnathan Major's crimes were so bad and causing so much bad press, they basically erased the Kang character from the MCU and replaced him with Doom. WOW.

And managed to get a much bigger name in the process.

14 hours ago, BK007 said:

Is there even any story post-Endgame?

I liked Majors, too bad he turned out to be an abuser. They should just have recast him, but I guess people don't like Kang? I thought Ant Man 3 was fine, but the legs would hint that I am in the minority. 

Watched some of their series but not all. Will watch Deadpool whenever it reaches Disney+

I never though Kang was that great a villian, even in the comics.

In the Fantastic Four, where he got his start, he always came ff to me like a poor man;s Doctor Doom.

20 hours ago, Reddroast said:

D23 is every other year. We are getting the films for 2026

And D23 just does not get the kind of mainsteam attention that SDCC does. Naturally Marvel will use it's biggest guns at SDCC.

On 7/30/2024 at 5:28 PM, dudalb said:

Oh maybe RDJ is just playing a different role in the MCU with no connection to Stark.

I really have problems understanding why so many geeks have problems with this concept.

Lmaoooooo yeah, ok sweetie. Let’s have Jeff Goldblum play a different character in Jurassic Park 5. Makes total sense.

Maybe Ryan Reynolds can play Johnny Storm.

Edited by Chaz

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

Lmaoooooo yeah, ok sweetie. Let’s have Jeff Goldblum play a different character in Jurassic Park 5. Makes total sense.

Sorry I didn´t know Jurassic Park was doing something called the MULTIVERSE SAGA

• Haha 3