XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

Daredevil Season 3 i

On 8/11/2024 at 4:07 AM, ZattMurdock said:

DD:Born again is easily my most antipated Marvel project until Fantastic Four,

I have always like the MCU/Cox version of Daredevilm and cheered like crazy when he did that cameo in  Spiderman"NWH since I suspected it was not just there  as a fun cameo, and DD was coming back to the MCU.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Daredevil Season 3 i

DD:Born again is easily my most antipated Marvel project until Fantastic Four,

I have always like the MCU/Cox version of Daredevilm and cheered like crazy when he did that cameo in  Spiderman"NWH since I suspected it was not just there  as a fun cameo, and DD was coming back to the MCU.

I think Daredevil: Born Again Season 1 comes before The Fantastic Four: First Step. 2025 will be crazy.

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It literally does not.

At best, the plot points, like Hulk, will be covered in another movie. Feige has been clear from the jump on how the MCU is ran and with the clear focus of recent moves, I suspect characters not popular enough will get the Hulk treatment. I don’t think it’ll be the last we see of Eternals or their storyline but I don’t think an Eternals 2 will happen.

Edited by YM!

13 minutes ago, YM! said:

At best, the plot points, like Hulk, will be covered in another movie. Feige has been clear from the jump on how the MCU is ran and with the clear focus of recent moves, I suspect characters not popular enough will get the Hulk treatment. I don’t think it’ll be the last we see of Eternals or their storyline but I don’t think an Eternals 2 will happen.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened. If there are characters that could have a resurgence and not even require the exact same cast, that’s them. My issue is with people taking tweets at face value without reading the actual articles. What the Variety  said ISN’T what several popular twitter acounts are tweeting.

Avengers x Eternals: Judgement Day is a popular and recent Marvel saga - and critically acclaimed because it’s extremely well written, not as popular as Civil War but it’s the best Avengers saga since Secret Wars (2015). Hell, maybe Doomsday IS Judgement Day. And that has Eternals written all over. We don’t really know where this is going. Neither does Variety. Neither they claimed they did. Neither said that any plans were scrapped.

Edited by ZattMurdock

25 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It literally does not.

The article says Marvel is reportedly not developing a sequel for The Eternals. "There aren't plans for a sequel" isn't a bold conclusion from that. 

Honestly, I'm not sure how people read that, but conclude "there could still be plans". 

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened. If there are characters that could have a resurgence and not even require the exact same cast, that’s them. My issue is with people taking tweets at face value without reading the actual articles. What the Variety  said ISN’T what several articles are tweeting.

Avengers x Eternals: Judgement Day is a popular recent Marvel saga. Hell, maybe Doomsday IS Judgement Day. And that has Eternals written all over. We don’t really know where this is going. Neither does Variety. Neither they claimed they did. Neither said that any plans were scrapped.

Ok so I stumbled upon Alex Perez from cosmic circus (take the following with a grain of salt) talking about this from a discord qna that is posted to the site: the plan is to focus more on the Eternals post multiverse saga. As well as the X-Men...

Knowing that marvel likes to push a ten year space between storylines and the films. We are getting crossover film based on judgement day.

Let's just say the eternals will be pushing the the hate against muties.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Ok so I stumbled upon Alex Perez from cosmic circus (take the following with a grain of salt) talking about this from a discord qna that is posted to the site: the plan is to focus more on the Eternals post multiverse saga. As well as the X-Men...

Knowing that marvel likes to push a ten year space between storylines and the films. We are getting crossover film based on judgement day.

Let's just say the eternals will be pushing the the hate against muties.

Deviations. So… AXE: Judgement Day.

3 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Yep.

I expect there to be another crossover based on empyre as well. But that will be FF Focused.

@Cap will love it on the big screen

If they want to forget that the Skrulls exist for a while I wouldn’t be mad if Skaar takes over the role of Hulkling and Empyre kinda is fused with something like World War Hulk. It could work. Sakaar is still out there and Ragnarok is beloved, unlike Secret Invasion.

29 minutes ago, Kon said:

The article says Marvel is reportedly not developing a sequel for The Eternals. "There aren't plans for a sequel" isn't a bold conclusion from that. 

Honestly, I'm not sure how people read that, but conclude "there could still be plans". 

The article is regurgitating and quoting a GQ interview. That is from the GQ interview. If Variety had written that they confirmed with their sources that a sequel is not happening, they would say so, like they did hundred times in the past. What these big profile accounts are tweeting isn’t what the article or GQ said.

Literally three weeks ago Kevin Feige himself addressed this:

There are no immediate plans for Eternals 2,” Kevin Feige tells Inverse. “There are, and I think you’ve seen maybe in a trailer we’ve released recently, an acknowledgment of some of those events. Certain giant things came out of the ocean.”

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/kevin-feige-eternals-2-update

On 8/11/2024 at 1:04 AM, poweranimals said:

Man. The What If season 3 trailer was insane.

Is this officially out there or was it a leak? Haven't seen anything about it online.

Edited. Never mind. I kept reading the thread.

Edited by eddyxx