XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

1 hour ago, Reddroast said:

The fact that they hired him AFTER being fired from the witcher for the EXACT SAME SHIT is astounding. FFS Hollywood do a fucking background check

the folks running things in Hollywood don’t give a crap until it hurts them. If they think an individual can make them money then they’ll go all in on them until it blows up in their faces. 

One of two ways to make it in the entertainment industry: be someone people like working with or be successful enough that people will set aside your bad behavior until it becomes too much to ignore. 

Its become a damn soap oprea. I imagine there will be some kind of settlement because erasing his credits from an entire season seems like would break some kinds of union laws?

I won't comment on what DeMayo might or might not have done. But this sets a really bad precedent if studios can just decide to erase a writer's credit for an entire season. Has he been paid for it yet? Without the credit he can't use it on his resume for future jobs.

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Its become a damn soap oprea. I imagine there will be some kind of settlement because erasing his credits from an entire season seems like would break some kinds of union laws?

I won't comment on what DeMayo might or might not have done. But this sets a really bad precedent if studios can just decide to erase a writer's credit for an entire season. Has he been paid for it yet? Without the credit he can't use it on his resume for future jobs.

According to one of the articles they aren’t removing writing credits as they couldn’t legally , just ep or something. I don’t know if thats illegal aswell 

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

If it’s completely rewritten to the point that arbitration can’t see it as his work any longer, then it’s not really his work any longer. And based off what we’ve learned, I doubt that people working on the project for the upcoming seasons would want anything to do with him either. This tarnishes their work and it’s not the first time that DeMayo has acted like this is HIS project when we all know that it takes a village for projects like this to get off the ground.

Crazy something like this already happened before, first Bryan Singer now DeMayo, a person in charge of something Xmen is accused of sexual misconduct and is fired with their credits taken off the work.

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Crazy something like this already happened before, first Bryan Singer now DeMayo, a person in charge of something Xmen is accused of sexual misconduct and is fired with their credits taken off the work.

Singer was a pedo. At this point their going to sneak this in to the X-Men film for the MCU 

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

If the accusations are true, he won't  have to worry about resumes; his career is pretty much over and he will be more worried about keeping out of jail.

Edited by dudalb

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If the accusations are true, he won't  have to worry about resumes; his career is pretty much over and he will be more worried about keeping out of jail.

One thing that people need to understand:

The moment that James Gunn was wrongly fired from Marvel Studios by Alan Horn, he was already hired to make The Suicide Squad for WB. Five months have passed since X-Men ‘97 premiered and it’s rightfully deemed as one of the best series of the year, not just animation but overall. Hollywood is a small town, A LOT of chatter is going on now that the cat is out of the bag. It’s not hard to connect the dots.

9 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Well there not called the Gmen.

On 8/16/2024 at 2:36 PM, ZattMurdock said:

One thing that people need to understand:

The moment that James Gunn was wrongly fired from Marvel Studios by Alan Horn, he was already hired to make The Suicide Squad for WB. Five months have passed since X-Men ‘97 premiered and it’s rightfully deemed as one of the best series of the year, not just animation but overall. Hollywood is a small town, A LOT of chatter is going on now that the cat is out of the bag. It’s not hard to connect the dots.

Right. The fact no one has been sticking up for him at all is very telling.

The timeline on all this has been interesting, too.

The day before DeMayo made his claim on social media, Disney received bad press regarding a wrongful death at Disney Springs all over that same social media. And after Marvel responded to DeMayo's claims, he claimed they were only doing that to distract from the bad press of the wrongful death story (which isn't even related to Marvel in any way).

DeMayo was looking for a Zack Snyder-like response from fans. Approval from the court of public opinion, perhaps to use that as his key to getting another job in the industry.

3 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Right. The fact no one has been sticking up for him at all is very telling.

The timeline on all this has been interesting, too.

The day before DeMayo made his claim on social media, Disney received bad press regarding a wrongful death at Disney Springs all over that same social media. And after Marvel responded to DeMayo's claims, he claimed they were only doing that to distract from the bad press of the wrongful death story (which isn't even related to Marvel in any way).

DeMayo was looking for a Zack Snyder-like response from fans. Approval from the court of public opinion, perhaps to use that as his key to getting another job in the industry.

Precisely. And yeah, people are talking. And people have been talking long before X-Men ‘97 as well. It’s said but I think New Rockstars made an excellent video on it:

TL; DR — THIS: