TMP

The Wolf Man | Universal | January 17, 2025

Too bad about the loss of Gosling but at the same time this will be a very nice profile boost for Christopher Abbott. Horror fans are going to be well-served in 2024 with classier genre entries between this and Eggers' Nosferatu.

Edited by filmlover

Glad this is actually getting off the ground. I've wanted more werewolf movies for years but the 2010 Wolfman really upset the apple cart. 

I've never watched Ozark so I'm not terribly familiar with Garner but Abbott as the Larry Talbot character is a great choice. 

On 4/2/2024 at 7:08 PM, dudalb said:

Going to be interesting to see how this does, since Universal's last version of this bombed.

Hopefully a fair bit better as it seems like it'll be adhering more closely to the original 1941 Wolf Man as opposed to the 2010 version. That said, I don't know how much play an old-styled werewolf movie will have (even though I definitely want to see it).

On 4/4/2024 at 5:37 PM, Wombat said:

Hopefully a fair bit better as it seems like it'll be adhering more closely to the original 1941 Wolf Man as opposed to the 2010 version. That said, I don't know how much play an old-styled werewolf movie will have (even though I definitely want to see it).

really? I though this was a modern take on Wolfman like the Invisible Man remake. At least that's what they were saying when it started as a Gosling-Whanell vehicle. Did it change with all the talent switches?

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 11:45 AM, Joel M said:

really? I though this was a modern take on Wolfman like the Invisible Man remake. At least that's what they were saying when it started as a Gosling-Whanell vehicle. Did it change with all the talent switches?

The most recent material I saw pointed more towards the 1941 version but that may have just been a nod. I don't know if it'll keep the same premise as the Gosling version but am curious to see.