The Wild Eric

Red One | 11/15/24 | Amazon/MGM | Dwayne Johnson, Chris Evans | Rocky's Peach Tea

7 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

Huh. Where was it said the live action Moana wasn't happening?

It was my opinion. But apparently, they are moving forward with it.

I am not trying to defend the Rock's behavior here....showing up on time is basic professional behaviro which even the biggest starts are expected to follow..but I have to think that other mistakes were made to send a simple Holiday comedy into the 250 Million dollar level.

The Rock has lost his "nice guy" image with his stunts, and he has nobody but himself to blame.

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The Rock has lost his "nice guy" image with his stunts, and he has nobody but himself to blame.

Nobody knows nor cares about any of this.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 6/10/2024 at 2:09 PM, dudalb said:

I am not trying to defend the Rock's behavior here....showing up on time is basic professional behaviro which even the biggest starts are expected to follow..but I have to think that other mistakes were made to send a simple Holiday comedy into the 250 Million dollar level.

The mistake was greenlighting a movie with a stupid premise for such an obscene amount of money out of thinking that a genre blend of Christmas, fantasy and buddy action comedy featuring Dwayne Johnson would be an automatic slam dunk. I would say this didn't deserve even 100M.

Edited by Jay Beezy

51 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Dang, we get a big budget original movie and it looks bad. Hope it doesnt bomb to badly.

With a 250M budget? Doubtful it doesn't bomb badly.

And we need to rethink what constitutes original.

Edited by Jay Beezy

23 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

With a 250M budget? Doubtful it doesn't bomb badly.

And we need to rethink what constitutes original.

I guess nothing is original. 

On 6/10/2024 at 4:09 PM, dudalb said:

Do you think the stuff he does in wrestling is his regular personality.

It his movie is example of "Original" filmmaking in modern Hollywood, we are in deep, deep, trouble, folks.

I have to think that being so new at making threatical movies is a major reason why Amazon threw 250 Million bucks down the tubes with this.