Grand Cine

MLK Weekend Thread | 3-Day/4-Day Estimates: Mean Girls 28/32, Beekeeper 16.8/19.2, Wonka 8.4/10.9, Migration 6.2/8.3, Anyone 6.9/8.2

33 minutes ago, Porthos said:

OT:  A lot of America might be tuning out of this afternoon NFL game due to it getting a little lopsided (like the other two NFL games on Sat), but I'm loving every single moment of it! 👍 

EDITED:

EVERY.

LAST.

SECOND

OF THIS GAME!!!!  👍 👍 👍

Right there with you. Nothing makes me happier than Jerry Jones being miserable. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Unrelated, but how much would have this movie done in normal times (OW/DOM/WW)?

Kristen Wiig Ww84 GIF by Wonder Woman Film

Bad considering I’ve never heard anyone say they liked the movie. Especially since 1 was so liked, so that made the comedown even worse. Big 120-140 OW followed by disaster sub 2x multi was prob best case scenario. 

41 minutes ago, Porthos said:

OT:  A lot of America might be tuning out of this afternoon NFL game due to it getting a little lopsided (like the other two NFL games on Sat), but I'm loving every single moment of it! 👍 

EDITED:

EVERY.

LAST.

SECOND

OF THIS GAME!!!!  👍 👍 👍

Me, living in Minnesota, originally from Illinois:

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Bad considering I’ve never heard anyone say they liked the movie. Especially since 1 was so liked, so that made the comedown even worse. Big 120-140 OW followed by disaster sub 2x multi was prob best case scenario. 

Some of the creative decisions made for this movie were truly baffling. WB knew what they had or else they would have delayed until sometime in the summer of 21. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

You were asking if less than $200m worldwide was possible a few weeks ago, so let’s not bother with this type of bait. 

And Aquaman 2 cost less than Ant-Man 3 so that post is just strange all around. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Some of the creative decisions made for this movie were truly baffling. WB knew what they had or else they would have delayed until sometime in the summer of 21. 

Baffling indeed. DCEU was officially dead when WB managed to ruin even a wildly promising and beloved sub-franchise so quickly. 

6 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Nah it’s terrible 

What part of "it's going to break even" are you missing?  It's actually going to break even unlike a lot of other 'blockbusters' from 2023. 

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

What part of "it's going to break even" are you missing?  It's actually going to break even unlike a lot of other 'blockbusters' from 2023. 

It’s a sequel to a billion dollar picture. A break even point is a failure for movies of this size. Other movies bombing harder doesn’t make Aquaman 2 a success. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

No it won't

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Me, living in Minnesota, originally from Illinois:

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

As a Cowboys Hater For Decades, all I have to say in response is:

alfred-never.gif

(best result on Any Given Sunday?  A Niners win))

((second best result on Any Given Sunday? A Cowboys loss))

(((Absolutely best result possible when the Niners aren't playing?  'boys getting embarrassed at home in the playoffs)))

====

Sorry*, man.  But Cowboys Hate is Pure here.

* but not sorry. 😉

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Veclozy said:

No it won't

Yup. For example, it's not even like The Little Mermaid which did 2.3x its budget on an extremely domestic heavy split and basically nothing from China. Especially since kids movies do well on ancillares, that movie might have actually broken even.

This, however, is doing 2.0-2.1x on a very international/China heavy split. If this broke even then Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, Black Adam, Eternals, Ant-Man 3, etc all broke even too.

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Thanks 1