CaptainJackSparrow

Jurassic World: Rebirth | July 2, 2025 | Gareth Edwards to direct

"I'm an enormous Jurassic Park fan. It's one of the first films I remember seeing in the theater. I remember seeing it so vividly. It was like life-changing. It was mind-blowing. I cannot express how excited I am," Johansson said before teasing the next installment. "The script is so incredible. David Koepp wrote it. He returned after like 30 years to write the script. He's so passionate about it, which is so awesome."

Johansson is still coming down from her decade of service in the Marvel Cinematic Universe but admitted that she has had her eye on the beloved dinosaur franchise for a long time, with her interest first sparking up when Jurassic World opened in theaters in 2015, kickstarting a whole new trilogy 22 years after the first film.

I've been trying to get into this franchise in any possible way for over ten years.

"I'm such an enormous fan of the franchise and huge nerd for it. I'm just like, I can't even, I'm pinching myself," Johansson said. "I've been trying to get into this franchise in any possible way for over ten years. I'm like, 'I'll die in the first five minutes! I can get eaten by whatever! I'll do the craft service!' I'll do anything for it. The fact that it's happened in this way at this time just is actually unbelievable."

Scarlett Johansson Confirms Jurassic World Casting and Teases Movie's 'Incredible' Script - IGN

Super hot and a Jurassic Park fangirl. The perfect woman.

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 7

If this is truly good and a return to form closer to the original JP, I wouldn't rule out a juggernaut run despite the awful reception of Dominion. There is still a ton of goodwill for the first film among all age groups. 

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

If this is truly good and a return to form closer to the original JP, I wouldn't rule out a juggernaut run despite the awful reception of Dominion. There is still a ton of goodwill for the first film among all age groups. 

This is the kind of movie where 1 really good first trailer could generate a ton of hype.

• Like 1

I feel like this has a lot of potential with a good cast and a quality script. Jurassic park might be the most invincible brand when it comes to quality. Big dinosaurs are just too appealing of a summer blockbuster concept. If this were any other franchise we would have seen the last two crater much harder and this would be looking like near guaranteed transformers 5/ Pirates 5 kind of numbers

• Like 1

Koepp is not perfect but he is one of the top mainstream go to writers for a reason and with Edwards teaming up with John Matheison for the visuals and that cast this really has the potential to be #1 movie DOM and globally next summer.  If something as terrible as Dominion can still make a billion WW.

23 hours ago, John Marston said:

Scarlett Johansson Confirms Jurassic World Casting and Teases Movie's 'Incredible' Script - IGN

Super hot and a Jurassic Park fangirl. The perfect woman.

ok now that I read this statement more I wonder how hard was she trying. Surely she couldn’t have lost the lead role in JW to Bryce Dallas Howard? Also it would have been funny if they took her up on the “I’ll play any part” thing and gave her the role of the assistant lady who got eaten 

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

ok now that I read this statement more I wonder how hard was she trying. Surely she couldn’t have lost the lead role in JW to Bryce Dallas Howard? Also it would have been funny if they took her up on the “I’ll play any part” thing and gave her the role of the assistant lady who got eaten 

Honestly my eyes glaze over when I see actors say stuff like this. Yeah maybe she is being truthful or she is just doing what actors do when being interviewed. 

35 minutes ago, John Marston said:

She’s definitely just selling hard here. But JW was the same summer as Age of Ultron and she was pregnant for that shoot so she probably couldn’t have done the first JW

• Like 1

I just hope they let Edwars make the JP film he wants to make, and he does not have the kind of studio interfernce he had with "Rogue One". I would love to have seen the Rogue One Edwards wanted to make. As it stands, Rogue One had a lot of potential for something diffrent in the SW universe, but did not live up to the possiblity because the studio got scared with something a lot different then the standard SW  storyline. What is ironid is that some of the Disney plus series went where Edwards seems to have wanted to go, but got reined in by the studios. partiuclay hte idea that the Rebel Allince could be pretyt damn ruthless.

On 6/25/2024 at 6:01 PM, emoviefan said:

Honestly my eyes glaze over when I see actors say stuff like this. Yeah maybe she is being truthful or she is just doing what actors do when being interviewed. 

That's the problem you cna never tell when an actor is being sincere or when he or she is just "acting" in enthusiams for a movie. 

After all pretending is a core part of the actors job.

But I would be delighted if we had a JP script that tried to be something more then the usual "Dinosars chase and eat people" story line that actually works.

Apparently, someone who was working on the set leaked a bunch of plot details for the movie. Now, this might be a hoax-- in fact, I'm convinced it is-- but I'm going to put it under a spoiler regardless.

Spoiler
A mercenary team is sent to Suriname to look for survivors. A family who wanted to take tour to see the animal's and group of scientists. Story will mostly be around that soldier team. Scarlet is the head of the team. Most members will die. They will also do search for a criminal organization. It will be revaled that all of the people they are looking for are dead. The organization, does this tour to lure rich people and then take their money. They will also do black market stuff. Family who takes tour around island, sees Spinosaurus coming out from water and a children calls it Godzilla. In the final, Alpha T-Rex vs Spinosaurus will happen at the ruins. Rex, beating The Spino.

All the returning animals will have a design upgrade. T-Rexes, Spinosaurus, Triceratops, Nasutoceratops, Pachycephalosaurus, Gallimimus, Mosasaurus, Pteranodon and Brachiosaurus. Nothosaurus will also appear in live action. Ichtyosaurus and Plesiosaurus are new marjne reptiles. Plesiosaurus is very chubby and oversized. Sadly marine reptiles don't have a lot screen time but its enough to enjoy them. The new pterosaur is currently Cearadactylus but name change to Tropeognathus is considered. Just like Atrociraptors. They were originally Deinonychus. The pterosaur will look like a vulture. It will have a big scene

Amargasaurus, Edmontosaurus and Megalosaurus are the 3 new dinosaurs.
Wild Velociraptor variants with full feathers will appear.

• Astonished 4