AniNate

Best Picture predictions 2024

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

Fall guys effect?

Honestly i don't see it like this big sin this category doesn't exist...i see stunts more like performers under the control of someone, not artists doing art (like it's for every other categories there until now). But i can understand the way everything is coordinated by a specific team for these things is like a smaller scale of what is the general production system to make a movie, so as "ensemble" award can have a sense.

What i really don't understand is (the article wrote it) in 2 years we'll have the category of the "best casting director". What that means? Is that something artistic? I don't see it like that. With all the respect you can't compare that to directors, actors etc... What's next? The oscar for the best agents? 😅 I can understand the inclusion but oscars should be awards for the art, for the artists. 

btw if they make the award for the stunt esemble at this point they should make also the "performance by a cast" too.

Of this year’s invitees, 44 percent identify as women (up from 40 percent in 2023), 41 percent are non-white (up from 34 percent in 2023), and 56 percent are from countries or territories outside of the United States (up from 52 percent in 2023).

If all of those who received invitations this year accept, the overall membership of the Academy will be 35 percent women, 20 percent non-white and 20 percent non-American.

Expect more international title or non-English film to show up in various categories.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

IDK. End of year is pretty crowded and a biopic can make money anywhere. 

Unless it's getting the Bob Marley biopic treatment and being dumped early next year, they wouldn't be releasing a trailer now if the release were that far off. Searchlight's only other contender for Q4 is A Real Pain, which is being released in October and has arguably much less commercial potential.

1 hour ago, KelsieWarner said:

Loving all the predictions here! It's always fun to speculate. Personally, I think "Oppenheimer" has a strong shot at Best Picture this year, given the buzz and critical acclaim. What do you all think? Any dark horse contenders that might surprise us?

Are you trolling or using AI to generate your posts?

With how early this announcement has been released and the Oscars being on ABC, I can't help but get the sense they're looking into securing both Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman into hosting the ceremony together. The latter's hosting stint in early 2009 was one of the very few times in the last 25 years where pretty much everyone enjoyed the host throughout, and they would likely want a couple of months to prepare for such a major task.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

The TL:DR version: most of the recent hosts are unlikely to get the call again (Franco/Hathaway, MacFarlane, NPH, Hall/Schumer/Sykes were all too poorly-received to be asked back, Ellen and Baldwin having been the face of too many off-screen controversies to return, Billy and Whoopi won't bring in those young viewers they crave, etc.). Of course, the idea of Jackman hosting again, potentially alongside Reynolds, is being thrown out there.