cannastop

Moana 2 | November 27, 2024

Sailing with a crew will prove the ultimate test. "Is she going to be somebody who tries to do everything on their own despite having a team of capable people with her?" Miller posits. "The crew all push against Moana and challenge her in new ways." Adds Cravalho: "Moana has this sense of, 'No one's going to run this canoe like I am,' and yet there is an absolute need to realize that we are all pieces in a much larger puzzle."

Allowing others to compliment your strengths and help you in your weaknesses plot let's gooo.

That read actually did make me more hyped for the film! Sure, things could be messy, but it does seem to have a compelling story to tell, the approach to writing Moana, the fact that they did all the groundwork for the supporting characters, the discussion about the songs... I like what I see. Also, did not know this had three directors!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

That read actually did make me more hyped for the film! Sure, things could be messy, but it does seem to have a compelling story to tell, the approach to writing Moana, the fact that they did all the groundwork for the supporting characters, the discussion about the songs... I like what I see. Also, did not know this had three directors!

The writer being the writer of zootopia, 1st Moana and encanto give me Hope it is gonna be At least be good for kids 

3 hours ago, toutvabien said:

https://deadline.com/2024/09/disney-frozen-jennifer-lee-jared-bush-1236094164/

Don't know if this has been posted yet. Jared Bush is replacing Jennifer Lee as CCO. Lee will direct Frozen 3.

I think this could be a good change but we'll see. Jared's films have no on record issues during production but he has only solo directed one movie that's come out and we haven't seen or gotten any BTS on Zootopia 2 so remains to be seen.

I'm still not a fan of the company hiring directors with barely any solo directing credits to their name just because they have one hit so that problem hasnt changed. Being proven to run multiple productions smoothly should be necessary. But still I'm hopeful it'll work out this time.