Eric is Smiling

Predator: Badlands | November 7, 2025

https://deadline.com/2024/02/dan-trachtenberg-predator-movie-badlands-1235820417/

Following the massive success of the Predator pic, Prey, 20th Century is moving forward with the next film as Deadline is hearing Dan Trachtenberg is returning to write and direct Badlands, a new standalone pic in the franchise that is expected to shoot later this year. The film is a high priority for the studio and sources say Trachtenberg and execs are already meeting with talent for the lead role.

20th Century had no comment.

Plot details are being kept under wraps other then it featuring everyones favorite extraterrestrial big game hunter. It is also known about releases plans as the last film exclusively streamed on Hulu (breaking numerous viewerships records for the streamer) but given that 20th Century has been very much back in the theatrical game with films like Boogeyman and the upcoming Alien: Romulus film bowing in theaters, a theatrical premiere isn’t out of the question.

When Prey premiered in the summer of 2022, It not only broke streaming records for Hulu but earned some of the best reviews in the franchise’s history the culminated in a nomination for best movie at this years Emmys. Since that successful relaunch, 20th Century is looking to not just move forward with another film but expand on a universe with Trachtenberg spearheading it.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

47 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

new era of 90 lbs action heroes 😆

You can think of a 280 lbs man taking down a 500lbs alien, but little girls outplaying Predators its just stupid.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 8/28/2024 at 12:40 PM, marveldcfox said:

Bad casting. 

Yeah it really doesn't fit with the story they're telling, seems like a miscast - oh wait, I forgot! We don't know anything about the movie or it's story so it's a bit stupid to be making judgements this far out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Firepower said:

I have nothing against Elle, but I already miss "tough guys vs Predator" stories, I hope it's the last one of "small weak girl vs Predator" template for a while because it can get stale.

The last predator movie we got had a tough guy vs a predator, and it was one of the best scenes in the movie... literally got Comanche warriors fighting a predator. Women fighting predators has been a thing since Predator 2, you guys are so boring and stale with this bs 

Edited by SaltyPistola
  • Like 7
  • Heart 1
  • Thanks 1

Now that this has replaced Blade, I feel like this and Tron Ares should swap dates. Disney has had success with the early November slot with boy driven IP before and even though joker belly flopped, expectations and presumably the budget aren't as high for Predator, so it could still work positioning itself as a traditional "adult" October tentpole.

5 hours ago, SaltyPistola said:

The last predator movie we got had a tough guy vs a predator, and it was one of the best scenes in the movie... literally got Comanche warriors fighting a predator. Women fighting predators has been a thing since Predator 2, you guys are so boring and stale with this bs 

I obviously mean protagonists, not supporting characters. Maria Conchita Alonso was a supporting character in Predator 2 and looked way tougher than Amber and Elle, that's why I specifically mentioned "small weak girl" archetype because after Elle it'll get stale.

Edited by Firepower

lol how insecure in your masculinity do you have to be to not like the idea of badass women fighting evil alien monsters? Like did we not forget that Aliens is the coolest movie of all time? Did we forget how cool and interesting of a character Naru was in Prey? Go read a book, nerds lmao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eric is Smiling said:

lol how insecure in your masculinity do you have to be to not like the idea of badass women fighting evil alien monsters? Like did we not forget that Aliens is the coolest movie of all time? Did we forget how cool and interesting of a character Naru was in Prey? Go read a book, nerds lmao

Aliens is my favourite movie ever, you missed the point. I don't mean any woman protagonist, I'd gladly watch tough woman against Predator instead of another around of small girly girl against it because Elle is the least tough person I can think of. Naru is the same archetype, she's ok, but Alonso was cooler, she was actually badass woman.

Edited by Firepower