filmlover

The 96th Academy Awards Live Feed Thread | Oppy wins it all, but Ryan Gosling is still kenough

Poor Things Emma Stone GIF - Poor things Emma stone Willem dafoe - Discover  & Share GIFs

Margot Robbie Birthday GIFs | Tenor

Oppenheimer GIF - Oppenheimer - Discover & Share GIFs

Past Lives Past Lives A24 GIF - Past lives Past lives a24 Greta lee -  Discover & Share GIFs

Godzilla Minus One GIF - Godzilla minus one Godzilla - Discover & Share GIFs

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol3 Gotg Volume3 GIF - Guardians Of The Galaxy  Vol3 Gotg Volume3 Team - Discover & Share GIFs

American Fiction GIFs on GIPHY - Be Animated

The Holdovers Paul Giamatti GIF - The holdovers Paul giamatti Dominic sessa  - Discover & Share GIFs

MissionImpossible's GIFs on Tenor

KillersOfTheFlowerMoon's GIFs on Tenor

SpiderVerse's GIFs on Tenor

Maestro GIF - Maestro - Discover & Share GIFs

Napoleon GIF - Napoleon - Discover & Share GIFs

PixarElemental's GIFs on Tenor

It's almost here. Less than 100 hours away. The moment this entire awards season has been building up to. The moment where we celebrate the movies of 2023 before bidding this year in cinema farewell as we look to the rest of 2024. It's the 96th Annual Academy Awards! So many questions are about to be answered. How many Oscars will Oppenheimer win in total? How many will Barbie take home? Will a Godzilla movie win an Oscar? Gladstone...or Stone? All these - and more! - will be answered this upcoming Sunday, March 10, when the ceremony airs live on ABC hosted by Jimmy Kimmel (his fourth time hosting the show) starting at the new time of 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT, and tune in beforehand for the red carpet as the stars make their way towards the Dolby in their glamorous outfits of choice for the evening.

As always, keep things civil, grab some snacks, and most importantly, have fun providing live commentary on the event. See you all Sunday!

On 3/8/2024 at 2:50 PM, filmlover said:

I hope he doesn't even bother to clap when Murphy wins just for the lolz.

The camera man definitely pans to him a lot when Cillian wins lol I only watch Oppenheimer award speeches and his reaction always shows up, way more than any of the other nominees.

I loved Oppy, I thought it was the best movie of the year, and I hope it wins Best Picture, but I do hope we see varying in the other categories. I always find it a bit boring when the same movie wins a bunch of awards; not expecting it, but hoping for things like Zone of Interest for Sound, Giamatti for Actor, etc etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

The camera man definitely pans to him a lot when Cillian wins lol I only watch Oppenheimer award speeches and his reaction always shows up, way more than any of the other nominees.

It's been brought up a bit in awards season recaps these past few days discussing the highlights and the lows (the latter arguably being the ridiculous and at times gross questions some people, Andrew Scott in particular, were asked by interviewers about Barry Keoghan's nude dance in Saltburn) of this awards season. He always looks so disappointed lol, most likely because he really put in so much effort into making the movie (including learning to conduct for a few years). IMO Maestro fell victim to the same issues that have tended to plague the Netflix frontrunners that end up losing: admiration vs. actual passion to reward them anything.

Posted (edited)

Annnddd the early arrivals have started.

Dominic Sessa

96th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals

Diane Warren

Mamoudou Athie (the voice of Wade in Elemental)

Erika Alexander

Leah Lewis (voice of Ember in Elemental)

US-ENTERTAINMENT-FILM-AWARD-OSCARS-ARRIVALS

Keith David

Edited by filmlover

Posted (edited)

Really starting to pour in now.

Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade

Kingsley Ben-Adir

Ramy Yuseef