AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I think a lot of people will have egg on their face for ever doubting Pixar delivering another success 

Yup, the amount of people who seemingly wanted / expected Coco to flop, are hopefully gonna look silly. I'm expecting it to win the best animated Oscar now too, though given the "slim" competition this year, that shouldn't be hard. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yup, the amount of people who seemingly wanted / expected Coco to flop, are hopefully gonna look silly. I'm expecting it to win the best animated Oscar now too, though given the "slim" competition this year, that shouldn't be hard. 

Why would anyone want a movie to flop? It means animators lose jobs. I had low expectations and kind of still do due to Disney's past with Thanksgiving animated movies and marketing especially in the competitive landscape Coco is. I'm rooting for it but my expectations aren't high.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Why would anyone want a movie to flop? It means animators lose jobs. I had low expectations and kind of still do due to Disney's past with Thanksgiving animated movies and marketing especially in the competitive landscape Coco is. I'm rooting for it but my expectations aren't high.

People have too overly high expectations of Pixar films these days, it seems. Also people eagerly anticipate failure, which I don't agree with. Movies give people jobs, that's a good thing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

People have too overly high expectations of Pixar films these days, it seems. Also people eagerly anticipate failure, which I don't agree with. Movies give people jobs, that's a good thing. 

Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4 should be in the $350M-$500M/$900M-$1.05B range and I can see good numbers for the originals in 2020.

Coco however other than good reviews needs better marketing. It's happened in the past with TGD and Moana to a lesser extent both kind of got overshadowed by other big Disney tentpole in terms of marketing. I think it'll do find though but I'm thinking more Ratatouille or BH6 than Moana.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4 should be in the $350M-$500M/$900M-$1.05B range and I can see good numbers for the originals in 2020.

Coco however other than good reviews needs better marketing. It's happened in the past with TGD and Moana to a lesser extent both kind of got overshadowed by other big Disney tentpole in terms of marketing. I think it'll do find though but I'm thinking more Ratatouille or BH6 than Moana.

Over 200m would be very good at least. I'm not expecting Inside Out numbers, I just think it needs to do solid business. Disney's marketing for it has been a bit quiet, but hopefully they know what their doing, and it pays off. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

See this movie in spanish will be delightful. Disney is one of the few studios who put great effort when dubbed versions of its movies come to talk, but this time they increased their bet and have a dream team cast and great collaborators on the musical aspect (plus, some typical mexican songs) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

Do we know when lift review embargo?(though we already know its a masterpiece...)I heard Disney China will allow critics to release their reviws after Nov.2

Is this screening as part of a festival this weekend? If so, we'll get reviews right after it premieres.