AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

19 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Cars' unadjusted run might be a good comparison for this if it does get top tier Pixar reviews. That did 60/245. Just can't really see this opening much higher than 60 no matter what. 

That's probably where I see it ends up as well, what would you consider top tier Pixar reviews?  I want another MTC 90+ masterpiece...

• Like 1

This will likely have the critical love the majority of Pixar movies and WDAS movies get now. I'm thinking it'll reach $200M again now but around BH6 numbers.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Pixar hasn't had back to back sub-200m dom releases since TS1 (1995) and A Bug's Life (1998). They did combined dom of 354.6 (191.8+162.8).

Coco will need about 202 for Coco and Cars3 combined to beat that cume.

57 minutes ago, YourMother said:

This will likely have the critical love the majority of Pixar movies and WDAS movies get now. I'm thinking it'll reach $200M again now but around BH6 numbers.

I'm pegging this at $75M 5-day to a $225M DOM total. Would love to see it open between Moana and Frozen and be the biggest animated film of the year in North America but that does not seem likely at the moment.

By the time this releases though, families are probably going to be starving for a big animated release and it will have been nearly 5 months since Despicable Me 3. I know that people said the same thing about Ninjago, but this looks to appeal to adults just as well as it does to kids.

And I think we have a pretty good idea as to what will win Best Animated Feature at the Oscars.

• Like 1