AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

5 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

China Nov.24

By the way asking, IMAX version do we have?

Don’t think so. None of Disney’s thanksgiving Animated movies have had IMAX 3D. Probably will share PLFs with JL though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Don’t think so. None of Disney’s thanksgiving Animated movies have had IMAX 3D. Probably will share PLFs with JL though.

So would Disney offer IMAX version to international territories? I heard that IMAX asked a Chinese local movie(Nov.24) be pushed back to Dec.1 if the movie wanna get IMAX version. I thought IMAX wanna make Coco in IMAX...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Great. I am surprised people were pessimistic about this one considering its directed by Unkrich. Its gonna break out huge. I would say 95/300m run and good OS run(with extraordinary latin american run). 

I'd go much lower on the domestic run. Maybe $200m if it's lucky.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Great. I am surprised people were pessimistic about this one considering its directed by Unkrich.

Yes if a Pixar film is directed by one of Pete Docter, Brad Bird, John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton or Lee Unkrich it'll generally be better than one directed by one of the newer directors. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

43 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Great. I am surprised people were pessimistic about this one considering its directed by Unkrich. Its gonna break out huge. I would say 95/300m run and good OS run(with extraordinary latin american run). 

Pessimism is how the internet rolls with Pixar. Doesn't matter who's making it 

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Why. Pixar originals have huge appeal to kids and adults. This is from director of Toy Story 3. There is no way its going that low. 

Too much competition and minimal marketing.

• Like 1

I'm still not buying this "minimal marketing" stuff. They've been running a behind the scenes look at the movie during the pre-show for the past month now (with the dog that was used as the model for the one in the movie taking a "tour" of Pixar Studios). Wait until Thor passes.