AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Why? Just treat it like a 2 hour movie. It's not that hard.

I would think that it'd be a break to go to the lobby or take a bathroom trip for families. They did it the last time Disney had a 22 minute short in front of a movie. Then again that was the 90's. I might be overthinking it.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I kinda get where he's coming from. In 1990, Rescuers Down Under had a 30-minute short film attached to it, and there was an intermission between both the short and the movie. Keep in mind I don't think there will be an intermission. Rescuers was 77 minutes long, while Frozen will be 10 minutes shorter than the Mickey short, and I think such a practice was probably at fault for why Rescuers underperformed at the box office.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's not even that long for a Pixar film, Cars and The Incredibles were 116 minutes and 115 minutes plus a 7 minute short so Coco with the Frozen short which is 21 minutes long is only 2-3 minutes longer than those two which is nothing. 

36 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

this movie is fucked 

God Dammit Ethan! The adults are talking! 

33 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

and I think such a practice was probably at fault for why Rescuers underperformed at the box office.

No, it's because Katzenberg pulled all advertising giving Rescuers Down Under absolutely no chance to recover. The idea that the short had something to do with it is absurd.

40 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

this movie is fucked 

You seem awfully convinced Coco's going to flop based seemingly sorely off the fact that it has an intermission. Oh Ethan!

Just now, Jonwo said:

It's not even that long for a Pixar film, Cars and The Incredibles were 116 minutes and 115 minutes plus a 7 minute short so Coco with the Frozen short which is 21 minutes long is only 2-3 minutes longer than those two which is nothing. 

God Dammit Ethan! The adults are talking! 

Yeah, it's actually pretty average for an animated film these days too. Technology keeps advancing and advancing, and it's allowed animators to make animated films that are much longer in length then a classic Disney animated film which tended to be 70 to 80 minutes in length. Lets not forget that 1 hour and 44 minutes also includes the credits. 

• Like 4

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

You seem awfully convinced Coco's going to flop based seemingly sorely off the fact that it has an intermission. Oh Ethan!

Tis only part of it. I would probably still be predicting it to be Pixar'so lowest grossing movie either way

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah, it's actually pretty average for an animated film these days too. Technology keeps advancing and advancing, and it's allowed animators to make animated films that are much longer in length then a classic Disney animated film which tended to be 70 to 80 minutes in length. Lets not forget that 1 hour and 44 minutes also includes the credits. 

I doubt any of the big studio will attempt a 2 hour plus animated film, it's more common in anime. 

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Tis only part of it. I would probably still be predicting it to be Pixar'so lowest grossing movie either way

I can only imagine it doing less then The Good Dinosaurs if reviews are in the 70% or 60% percentage. Also we have no screening reactions yet.

Just now, Jonwo said:

I doubt any of the big studio will attempt a 2 hour plus animated film, it's more common in anime. 

If any western animated films has the possible potential to go over 2 hours in length, I think it's The Incredibles 2. 

• Like 1