kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [05.28 - 05.30, 2024] | Thursday | 1.85M THE GARFIELD MOVIE | 1.73M FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA

Posted (edited)

So far holding better than A Quiet Place Part II (-21% on Monday and -51% on Tuesday vs -27% and -56%). R-rating probably helps, but if it matched that movie from here on out it'd get a 13.3m second weekend, just barely a sub-50% hold. 

ETA: it's also been almost matching Fury Road itself post-second weekend (which was Memorial Day), and if it followed its daily holds/increases it'd get a shot at a 14m weekend.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Eric Lasagna said:

Not gonna happen, but it would be hilarious if this becomes an Elemental and inexplicably legs out like crazy.

Why wouldn't it happen

Furiosa's first Tuesday is only 250K above Civil War's first Tuesday.  I can see it following Civil War's % drops/increases for the week. 

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that as there’s nothing coming this weekend some people thought they’d wait a little longer to check out Furiosa. 

It might have an excellent hold this weekend, although can’t say I’m holding my breath. 

44 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Soo... Inside Out, Deadpool, Despicable Me, Apes, Bad Boys, Quiet Place, probably Twisters and IF gonna be the $100m titles of the Summer. That's eight films.

Don’t rule out Alien. Trap too 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Don’t rule out Alien. Trap too 

I expect Trap will do well for itself but I can't imagine it hitting $100 million when neither Old or Knock at the Cabin could even hit $50 million. 

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I expect Trap will do well for itself but I can't imagine it hitting $100 million when neither Old or Knock at the Cabin could even hit $50 million. 

Yeah you’ll probably be right but you never know. 

4 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

At this point, basically decent legs and a 80-90m total would be a relief.

This. The film is not going to somehow become a huge hit in it's  second weekend.

I understand fan loyalty, but I also think you  have to face the facts, and the facts are that Furiosa is almost c ertinly going to lose money for hte studio.

And Garfield does better then expected. giving FUriosa a  close run for the  #1 spot. Few saw that coming.

And Garfield, becuase it had a modest budger, will end up making a decent profit for the studio. Furiiosa will not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

At this point, basically decent legs and a 80-90m total would be a relief.

I hope it can hit $75m let alone $80m-$90m.

Posted (edited)

Possible that Dune, KFP, Challengers,Beekeeper,  Fall Guy, IF, Garfield, and Furiosa all hit 3x multipliers from their 3 days, and Godzilla and Civil War and Apes all have relatively nice legs too. One tiny bright spot in this shitty year is that only Marley and Ghostbusters truly died after OW.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1