baumer

Tues Numbers ERC

So it looks like THG will make around 18.7M for its 5th week, give or take 0.1M (I prefer doing weeks instead of weekends).

That's around a 30% week-to-week drop (the previous two week-to-week drops were around 42%). With the IMAX re-release, I think another 30% drop for the upcoming week is reasonable.

Scenario 1: So if we extrapolate this forward (30% week-to-week drops from here on out), then it'll hit 400M some time during the 12th week and close around 405M.

Scenario 2: If we make the TA opening week drop 40% (but keep all other weekly drops at 30%), then it'll hit 400M after week 18 and close just a wee bit over 400M.

Scenario 3: If we make the TA opening week drop 40% and make all subsequent drops 35%, then it'll close a bit under 397M.

Scenario 4: IMAX doesn't help much, and next week drops 35%. Avengers takes a big bite and THG drops 45% during the TA opening week, and all subsequent drops are 40%. In this case, THG will close around 390M.

I used to be on the 400M-is-too-remote bandwagon, but now...

I think you're being too conservative. A 20-25% drop is perfectly possible next week. May and June should have stronger weekdays compared to April. And don't forget about dollar theaters...

The film can crawl its way to 415M.

I think you're being too conservative. A 20-25% drop is perfectly possible next week. May and June should have stronger weekdays compared to April. And don't forget about dollar theaters...The film can crawl its way to 415M.

415?? Now that's a bit too crazy, beating Spider-Man would be the highest I can see for it.

I think you're being too conservative. A 20-25% drop is perfectly possible next week. May and June should have stronger weekdays compared to April. And don't forget about dollar theaters...The film can crawl its way to 415M.

415m is too optimistic at this point. Spider-Man is gaining on THG with summer weekdays. They're pulling in similar weekends but Spider-Man is making around 1.5m daily during this set of weekdays compared to THG's 1m. Spider-Man's next set of weekdays are right around what THG is making now so it will presumably take the lead by next week. It will be up to THG to keep a steady pace and not give up too much ground.It can only pull this off if it doesn't take a huge theater loss hit. That is the main obstacle for THG right now; keeping theaters and screens. That will prevent it from getting 400m, not The Avengers or other opening films. I think 405m is its ceiling right now.

I forget the exact amount, but he thinks it will make 310 or something I think it will make 195, so we meet in the middle. If it makes more than 257 or something he owes me a DVD of my choice, if it makes less, I owe him one.

I forget the exact amount, but he thinks it will make 310 or something I think it will make 195, so we meet in the middle. If it makes more than 257 or something he owes me a DVD of my choice, if it makes less, I owe him one.

Not only did you royally screw the pooch when describing our wager, but you posted it twice. I say 320, you said 198. If TASM makes less than 259, I owe you a DVD, if it makes more you owe me. It's OK, I understand though, I must have you all flustered.

(But don't think I'm not saving your post, just in case...) :P

I'd love to see you break down how you came up with that number. :P

As much as I would just absolutely love that, I highly doubt it will only drop 15% this weekend. If it did though then we could officially count 400m as a lock.

It's possible, but I think they're overestimating the IMAX effect.