kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 07-09, 2024] | actuals | 56.5M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE | 10.0M GARFIELD | 7.8M IF | 7.0M THE WATCHERS

18 minutes ago, Eric Burnett said:

Crashing in fourth place is New Line‘s Ishana Shyamalan directed thriller, The Watchers, with $3M today, including $1M previews, for what’s looking like a $6M-$7M start at 3,351 theaters. M. Night Shyamalan, who produced his daughter’s movies, also self finances them and then sells them to the studio. In the wake of working with Universal, Warner Bros. attracted him over to their lot. I’m told that the studio shelled out $30M before P&A for The Watchers alone. This movie is not a Lionsgate genre thrifty price-profit special.

WTF!  

36 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

2025 Billions

1. Avatar 3

2. Minecraft

3. Michael

4. The Resurrection of the Christ

It wont hit a billie but i agree resurrection might be a humungous hit

39 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

2025 Billions

2. Minecraft

3. Michael

4. The Resurrection of the Christ

I don’t know which of these is worse 🙃 

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Superman and Fantastic Four are gonna make BANK if both are good. Little reason to doubt Superman considering the director.

Thunderbolts is gonna giga bomb into oblivion.

Captain America will do fine.

Think it’s more likely Thunderbolts will be fine and Cap 4 bombs. All depends on quality. We’ve yet to see a MCU bomb that has been received well. I expect thunderbolts to be received well. Unsure if cap 4 will.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Think it’s more likely Thunderbolts will be fine and Cap 4 bombs. All depends on quality. We’ve yet to see a MCU bomb that has been received well. I expect thunderbolts to be received well. Unsure if cap 4 will.

Why? The "Captain America" brand is way more stronger, and Sam/Mackie has been in the MCU for a long time, and is a favorite one. Yes, the film will have to face a campaign against racists and the "anti woke" people, but the film can win with a good marketing and a good reception. There's no reason to rule either one out now.

The Fantastic Four will be easily the bigger film. So many things cooking here 👀 If everything goes right, this is a potencial +800m

As for Thunderbolts, maybe will be the better film of the three. But the x factor here is a spoiler, so i don't know how they will marketing this thing. Thinking:

Cap 4 WW 600m-700m
Thunderbolts WW 350m-400m

Just now, Durden said:

Why? The "Captain America" brand is way more stronger, and Sam/Mackie has been in the MCU for a long time, and is a favorite one. Yes, the film will have to face a campaign against racists and the "anti woke" people, but the film can win with a good marketing and a good reception. There's no reason to rule either one out now.

None of this really has any basis in reality ngl

• Disbelief 1

40 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

None of this really has any basis in reality ngl

Yeah. I'm not sure where the idea that Sam is a favorite character comes from.

I like Sam, but I don't think the character was really popular.

Hopefully walkups during the weekend takes it over 50m OW. I would say solid considering Will is far from his super stardom days and there is not much nostalgia now for BB4 unlike last one which came after EONS. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Good to see we are all gonna pretend this is a great opening.

I think 50M would be good enough opening. That said, I'm not sure if BB4 will have good legs.

BB4 seems to attract a good amount of female audience. That may help to the legs.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Or we could have another weekend where we go on and on about how terrible it all is and theaters are going to start closing in droves on Monday. Lets's do that it's more fun....

24 minutes ago, CJohn said:

for all intents and purposes, it is a very solid opening. also. Please stop doom posting when it’s not even Saturday yet. It could have massive increases during the weekend or utterly die. Either way we don’t know yet. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eric Burnett said:

I don’t know which of these is worse 🙃 

Minecraft definitely. What an utterly pointless movie. My nephew is a massive Minecraft fan and even he's like "Why are they doing a movie?"

I'm content to wait for the weekend to play out but yeah I'm not going to lie, under 50 million (IF that ends up being the number) doesn't exactly scream good to me. It's not doom and gloom either, it's just "yeah that's fine I guess".