kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [June 07-09, 2024] | actuals | 56.5M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE | 10.0M GARFIELD | 7.8M IF | 7.0M THE WATCHERS

How is it an A- cinemascore is beyond me. All the comparable tiles with similar PostTrak and VA score gotten A. Did Chris rock fans sabotage the CS?

Updated Screen Engine/PostTrak exits are 5 stars, 90% positive, and a great 84% definite recommend with a 97% Rotten Tomatoes audience score and an A- CinemaScore (the previous three movies all received As).

Bad Boys for Life drew 58% under 35, with 42% Black moviegoers, 30% Caucasian, 18% Hispanic and Latino and 10% Asian American/other. The fourthquel, also produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, and directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, showed 50% under 35 with 44% Black, 26% Hispanic and Latino, 18% Caucasian and 12% Asian American/other buying tickets. Those buying their tickets day of were 72% which tells you how much walk-up business this had, and which couldn’t be observed in some tracking (though some had a sense would occur)

A very very good male: female ratio. Much better than expected.

Other deets about Bad Boys: Ride or Die, overall 53% Male / 47% Female with 44% of the audience between 18-34 years old with the largest demo tied between 25-34 and 35-44 at 26% apiece. Bad Boys: Ride or Die played in the East, South and South Central with the AMC Southlake Pavilion in Atlanta the highest grossing cinema in the nation with $81K.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Finally not mirroring TLC.

Took a hit from Bad Boys I assume as that being the new action comedy in the market. Still with a strong sat and sun should do about 3 or so.

25 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Finally not mirroring TLC.

Possibly my contender for worst film of the year so far, and I've seen Tarot, Watchers and Strangers. 

• ...wtf 4
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

How is it an A- cinemascore is beyond me. All the comparable tiles with similar PostTrak and VA score gotten A. Did Chris rock fans sabotage the CS?

You are really too worked up about the CS here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

These scores are polls, there's natural variation

9 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Is there any world that The Lion King 30th anniversary re-releases surprises next month? 

Well, my guess is that it will make a few million. Phantom Menace made $13 million this year and Shrek 2 made $3.4 million. So in between those, maybe. $8 million?

Well 'If" just keep chugging along.   "Apes" is finally slowing down.  "Garfield' is like the little engine that could.  It's really filling a void for some families before "Inside Out 2" and "DM4".  "Furiosa" will not make it to 100 domestic. 

20 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

An A- isn't bad for this kind of movie, but the action in this one was so basic / formulaic / simple. If you watch John Wick 4 and then watch Bad Boys 4, the difference is absurd in the action department. The Osaka action scene alone in John Wick 4 is probably longer than all the action scenes together in this Bad Boys flick, which is funny, considering both movies share the same budget ( 100 million ).

The villain's demise was so laughable and basic that I couldn't believe my eyes. If compared to the previous Bad Boys, the action and the villain's death were subpar, imo. 

So yeah, maybe some people gave it a B or a B+ to this movie, which obviously decreased the A CinemaScore from previous entries. 

So, in a nutshell: Chemistry was good again between Will and Lawrence, but everything else was just "more of the same", which isn't exactly a bad thing for a franchise like this, BUT audiences probably are expecting or were expecting more in the action department.

21 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

It's pretty good that the demographics for Bad Boys 4 seems to be diverse. I feared it would only attract people over 35, but it seems 18-35 is big part of the audience.

Female audience being a big part of the audience could be pretty good for legs too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

Well 'If" just keep chugging along.   "Apes" is finally slowing down.  "Garfield' is like the little engine that could.  It's really filling a void for some families before "Inside Out 2" and "DM4".  "Furiosa" will not make it to 100 domestic. 

IF going to do 100m + easily. Opening before Garfield really helped. Garfield with one less week is going to be a long away from 100 m once Inside Out 2 hits the marketplace Thursday.  Apes taking a bit of a bigger hit but 160m still seems doable. Furiosa i think 100 m was off the table by Memorial Day.

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

What were the other demos for T mobile deal movies?