Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

20 minutes ago, M37 said:

Honestly don’t care that I underestimated IO2 - theaters need the business, so any over-performance is welcomeΒ 

I couldn’t possibly happier that my IO2 DOM under TLM club is a total bust. Pixar needed the win and so did theaters!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I can't believe I actually changed my position toΒ INΒ on that. . just ughhhhhh

Β 

That's why you don't react to month-early tracking for a kids film

• Like 1

A+ CS doesn’t seem impossible … A is safer tho. Anyway, very strong audience scoreΒ 

Β 

Out of the gate,Β Inside Out 2Β is 4 1/2 stars with Thursday preview audiences on Screen Engine/Comscore’s PostTrak with 57% general audience, 23% parents and 21% kids under 12. Parents gave it fives stars and kids 4 1/2, the latter being girl heavy at 52%, and parents being mom heavy at 73%. Overall definite recommend is 72%.Β 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AniNate said:

That's why you don't react to month-early tracking for a kids film

Well at least now since it's gonna open to a great $140M+ can we agree that $85M would've been a bad opening weekend for this movie?Β 

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Well at least now since it's gonna open to a great $140M+ can we agree that $85M would've been a bad opening weekend for this movie?Β 

Oh god, now if it doesn’t reach 140M you’re gonna say it’s an underperformance, aren’t you?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

A+ CS doesn’t seem impossible … A is safer tho. Anyway, very strong audience scoreΒ 

Β 

Out of the gate,Β Inside Out 2Β is 4 1/2 stars with Thursday preview audiences on Screen Engine/Comscore’s PostTrak with 57% general audience, 23% parents and 21% kids under 12. Parents gave it fives stars and kids 4 1/2, the latter being girl heavy at 52%, and parents being mom heavy at 73%. Overall definite recommend is 72%.Β 

4 1/2 stars doesn't scream A+. Avatar 2, GOTG3, ATSV, Oppenheimer and Dune 2 all got 5 stars but still ended up A. 95% VA score almost have A locked unless IO2 pulled another BBDL deviation.Β Β 

• Like 2

Based on the metrics and my own anecdotal sense of things, Inside Out was huge but always felt quite a bit less than Moana in terms of home video viewers, birthday parties, costumes, cultural impact, etc. Obviously the focus should be on IO2 and the amazing numbers for it, but Disney finally bouncing back and proving they still have the juice also removes my last bit of skepticism about Moana 2 being a fucking massive hit.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

Β 

Β 

This is also great for Bad Boys. Following Rise of the Beasts’ second weekend, it gets to over 30M. That would be an insane hold right there.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

It seems like a safe A, but I think A+ is probably out of reach here. Coco and Incredibles 2 were the last Pixar movies to hit A+, and those were a bit higher for definite recommend at 79% and 83%. Even Moana hit 79% and that was still an A. 72% is closer to Encanto (70%), Elemental (68%), Toy Story 4 (75%), and curiously Frozen 2 (71%).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

And then...

Β 

Β 

Domestic only, I'm starting to believe that the whole top 3 of 2024 will be Disney. The hype for the Moana 2 teaser was even bigger than IO2 (over 100M views only in Ig now!). I wouldn't be surprise with $400M total for itΒ 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

It's weird to me that Disney didn't just make a Moana 2 from the get-go instead of making a Disney+ show.

That was back when streaming services were trying to get as much content as possible to get people to sign up as quickly as possible. That era has now come to an end.