Eric is Quiet

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

17 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Alright fine. But is it ok that, if I do want to refer to r/boxoffice or whatever, I'll do it more sparingly and only bring in more insightful news? For example, somebody on r/boxoffice said that IO2 is headed for 58M+ admissions which is right ahead of The Lion King 2019, stuff like that can I repost here?

Β 

Β 

I mean...sure. It's actually productive to the conversation, so I guess that is acceptable.

1 minute ago, Selma said:

How do We except Toy story 5, zootopia 2 and Frozen 3 to do seeing that they are much popular than inside out 2 ?

I wouldn't say Zootopia is more popular than Inside Out. Maybe on equal footing though.

Β 

Anyways all these movies are making over a billion apparently. Maybe over $1.2 billion.

3 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

I mean...sure. It's actually productive to the conversation, so I guess that is acceptable.

So when I said "u/AgentCooper315 is saying 620M+ DOM for IO2" it is productive for the conversation because it's a projection for where the movie will end up and that specific user is credible, and it isn't just "random X user was correct about Y."

Β 

That's why I don't understand why JustLurking quoted me with some "nobody care about this rando on Reddit" energy and complained about it considering that comment was adding to the conversation

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Garfield drop only 49% from last Friday. With some help from father day, the movie will avoid 60% collapse against IO2. Now it really have chance to hit 100m.Β 

A lot of drive-ins near me have Garfield as the second movie paired up with Inside Out 2, so that likely helped it get a nice boost from dropping further, at least compared to the bigger fall IF recieved.

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

So when I say "u/AgentCooper315 is saying 620M+ DOM for IO2" it is productive for the conversation because it's a projection for where the movie will end up and that specific user is credible, and it isn't just "random X user was correct about Y." That's why I don't understand why JustLurking quoted me with some "nobody care about this rando on Reddit" energy and complained about it considering that comment was adding to the conversation

Β 

No, that is actually not productive to the conversation. Because it's just some random predicting the gross of a movie. It's not a projection

24 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Β 

IMO Wicked's got to blink... Inside Out 2 has blown up beyond anyone's wildest dreams, and Moana has to be one of the most streamed movies everβ€”it's a real hit according to Nielsen and not just made up internal metrics. It's charted for years and years after 2016.

Β 

Moana 2 did start as a TV show and maybe that says something to its quality, but it will take horrendous reviews for audiences not to show up in droves. Wicked has its own fanbase but the overlap with another colorful musical coming out at the exact same time is not ideal.

Β 

Β 

Wicked would kill it in the empty December slot.

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

No, that is actually not productive to the conversation. Because it's just some random predicting the gross of a movie. It's not a projection

Except no, that specific user is not just some rando he's actually very knowledgeable about box office, seriously go check his profile he tracks admissions and his posts are really insightfulΒ 

5 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

So when I said "u/AgentCooper315 is saying 620M+ DOM for IO2" it is productive for the conversation because it's a projection for where the movie will end up and that specific user is credible, and it isn't just "random X user was correct about Y."

Β 

That's why I don't understand why JustLurking quoted me with some "nobody care about this rando on Reddit" energy and complained about it considering that comment was adding to the conversation

Look, I don't know who this is AgentCooper dude is, but I fail to see how some guy on Reddit is "credible" or his words are gospel or makes him extra special. That's what people find annoying about it. I don't think we need to see what some random guy is predicting for a movie, when we already have plenty of that from our actual posters. So no, I don't think that is productive. I know you think it is, but everybody else doesn't. So...yeah, at least just try to cut back on it.

Just now, HummingLemon496 said:

Except no, that specific user is not just some rando he's actually very knowledgeable about box office, seriously go check his profile he tracks admissions and his posts are really insightfulΒ 

Ok ask yourself why we would care about someone on another site and their box office prediction. Now, if they had industry insiders, sure, I'll take that. But this is like if I just started posting about what my brother thinks a movie will make.Β 

Β 

You do you though I guess

Beyond how absolutely massive Inside Out 2 is, that's a surprisingly acceptable hold for The Watchers given that both reviews and WOM are lousy. The marketplace is definitely starved for a horror movie that A Quiet Place seems destined to take advantage of, I don't think the absence of Krasinski and Blunt here will be as much of detriment as some think it will.

Diversity demos for IO2: 40% Latino/Hispanic, 31% Caucasian, 13% Black, 10% Asian, and 6% Native American/other.

Diversity demos for The Super Mario Bros Movie: 41% Latino/Hispanic, 30% Caucasian, 15% Black, and 14% Asian/Other

Β 

This is going to be massive

Β 

https://deadline.com/2024/06/box-office-inside-out-2-1235973432/

Edited by Speedorito
  • Like 2