Eric is Anxious

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

Inside out 2 has a chance of getting thΓ© same ow than barbie πŸ™€

It went from Oppenheimer opening to almost opening like barbieΒ 

8 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Ok ask yourself why we would care about someone on another site and their box office prediction. Now, if they had industry insiders, sure, I'll take that. But this is like if I just started posting about what my brother thinks a movie will make.Β 

Β 

You do you though I guess

I’d honestly rather hear about what your brother thinks than anymore of this reddit nonsense.Β 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Selma said:

How do We except Toy story 5, zootopia 2 and Frozen 3 to do seeing that they are much popular than inside out 2 ?

Frozen 3 is going over $180M OWΒ 

Toy Story $150M

zootopia seems like a $120M type of film

Β 

people are hungry for loved IPsΒ 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

Hot take, but I feel like we could see a Barbenheimer thing going on with Moana 2 and Wicked, albeit on a smaller scale. Like when it comes to non-Disney properties, Disney Adults areΒ obsessedΒ with Wicked. Broadway in general I suppose, but Wicked is a big one that audience loves to pieces. I can totally see something where Disney Adults watch both movies that same holiday weekend and make an event out of it. It's just a combination of two things they already love back to back.

Tbh there is no Frozen without Wicked.

• Like 2

Hell yeah!Β  IO2 blowing up. Bad Boys ROD having a great second weekend hold and Apes together strong.Β  It would be nice if the Fall Guy had been a hit and Furiosa did not completely shit the bed BO wise. But them's the breaks.Β 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Frozen 3 is going over $180M OWΒ 

Toy Story $150M

zootopia seems like a $120M type of film

Β 

people are hungry for loved IPsΒ 

What about Moana 2 and another Nemo?

51 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

Yes. We don't care.

Β 

I'm sorry to break the news to you. I understand you're very passionate about r/boxoffice. I know there are a ton of users in there you love to pieces. But this kind of stuff has gotten on folks' nerves and doesn't add much of anything. Plus, is this kind of idolization of random Redditors who got a few miscellaneous predictions right over how much money a silly kids movie madeΒ reallyΒ something you have to do? Is it truly such an incredible, astonishing feat that you have to push these random users down our throats? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think that's the case.

Β 

Now you aren't breaking any rules, so I guess you can do this, if youΒ reallyΒ think it's more important than breathing that you have to share random Reddit users on here and what they have to say about some silly kids movies, despite everybody on here being annoyed or tired by it. But I hope you recognize that people are starting to get fed up with you every time you do it.

I’m on your side dude but this is incredibly condescending and childish way to address this, especially from a mod.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YM! said:

Tbh there is no Frozen without Wicked.

Not just Frozen. Disney ripped off Wicked like...5 times over the past decade.

Β 

And if you want to be that guy, there's no Joker without Wicked, but the dudebros don't want you to say that. :ph34r:Β 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

32 minutes ago, Selma said:

How do We except Toy story 5, zootopia 2 and Frozen 3 to do seeing that they are much popular than inside out 2 ?

Frozen 3 - Animation record (if TLK doesn't count)Β 

Toy Story 5 - $110M - $150M depends if it's sold as another Toy Story or there's something special to milk nostalgia like returning charactersΒ 

Zootopia 2 - $150M 5 days? I think domestic it's same level as IO in popularity

• Like 1