kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jun 17-20, 2024] | Thursday | 19.63M INSIDE OUT II | 2.85M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE

An average of $20M each day.

Thats very doable though.

IO2 will increase tomorrow hopefully to something like $24-25M

Then Wednesday should hold pretty well due to Juneteenth. 

I would think Thursday could be below $20M and it still easily make $235M after a big Tuesday and Wednesday. 

• Like 2

Yeah 21+24 means 18+17 W-Th keeps an average of 20 for weekdays. Reasonable, would be above where incredibles 2 and TS4 were at on Thursday but below Finding Dory. 

21 minutes ago, MattW said:

Yeah 21+24 means 18+17 W-Th keeps an average of 20 for weekdays. Reasonable, would be above where incredibles 2 and TS4 were at on Thursday but below Finding Dory. 

There is zero percentage chance of Wednesday being lower than today. Its Juneteenth. 

• Like 2

Clearly I wasn't paying attention to Finding Dory when I made my guess for today. I had the drop at 55-58%, which is fairly consistent among recent "big" June Pixar films, for a number between 16.5 and 17.75. 

Finding Dory is clearly the blueprint here based on how the weekend performed as well

3 hours ago, Insomnia said:

Clearly I wasn't paying attention to Finding Dory when I made my guess for today. I had the drop at 55-58%, which is fairly consistent among recent "big" June Pixar films, for a number between 16.5 and 17.75. 

Finding Dory is clearly the blueprint here based on how the weekend performed as well

Finding Dory is the best comp because it seems to be the only other big Pixar sequel to be as female skewing as Inside Out 2. It had fantastic weekdays (better than Toy Story 3/4 or The Incredibles 2, proportionally) but worse weekends than them. It also had its legs cut off by the juggernaut competition from Secret Life of Pets which targeted the same audience.

Edited by Agafin
  • Like 2

I made a model that calculates the drops based on the same trajectory as Dory. Considering this and using 21M - 22M for monday I get: 531M - 549M for the total run. The important day IMO is day 20 where DM4 is released. I believe it will have an impact on the latter legs. By then IO2 should be around 434M - 447M. 

Edited by Bob-omb
  • Like 2

Very good Monday after a strong Sunday.
Very curious with second weekend drop. Could this hit 90M? It would be amazing to match the original's OW in 2nd weekend!

It would mean a 41% drop. Doable, with lack of competition+WOM+heart of Summer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Well this is a slight surprise. Thought it would be below $20m because there was a Holiday on Wednesday. Thought a 50% drop was in the cards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stripe said:

Very good Monday after a strong Sunday.
Very curious with second weekend drop. Could this hit 90M? It would be amazing to match the original's OW in 2nd weekend!

It would mean a 41% drop. Doable, with lack of competition+WOM+heart of Summer.

I think it's more than likely. Elemental's multis off of a $20m Thursday means a $99m 2nd weekend. While it probably won't do that much, it gives breathing room for $90m

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

I think it's more than likely. Elemental's multis off of a $20m Thursday means a $99m 2nd weekend. While it probably won't do that much, it gives breathing room for $90m

I don't think it makes $20m on Thursday, why would its Thursday almost match Monday?