Eric is Quiet

Weekend Thread (6/21-23)

11 minutes ago, Relevation said:

Wait Inside Out could be going for $120M+ this weekend??? Or am I reading it wrong 

Nevermind, beaten to it.

Edited by Insomnia

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Should be good for just over double digits for Bikeriders at least, right? 

Yeah I think so, if not teens.

Really wish this got a slightly wider release or could net some bigger auditoriums. It's been selling very well around me tonight, better than Thursday. Honestly would've thought more for the day

• Like 1

The Bikeriders was solid. I don't think it was "sell off" level for Searchlight/Disney. That Nosferatu trailer though... I'm gonna eat on Christmas Day and it won't be turkey!

I'm honestly so excited about this second weekend number that I just can feel the very late Deadline PM report that will come in and say something like "Inside Out 2 Heads for Record-Breaking $97M-$100M Second Weekend For Animated Pic." 

I'm not sure if it will and I'll perfectly wait until the morning, but I cannot help but sense that another report is coming from Deadline that will shock all of us right now, but the entire world in about 10 hours. 

18 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I don’t see the path to 700m yet because the movie so far has been following Barbie’s run with only Juneteenth break some pattern on Wednesday. If Barbie did about 4x leg from 162m OW with slowdown market in late Aug and September, I doubt Io2 can hold even insane than that throughout July. 

Barbie was holding that well because of spillover due to clash. It's legs from 2nd week onwards were not that great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I don’t see the path to 700m yet because the movie so far has been following Barbie’s run with only Juneteenth break some pattern on Wednesday. If Barbie did about 4x leg from 162m OW with slowdown market in late Aug and September, I doubt Io2 can hold even insane than that throughout July. 

Yeah, its tracking so similar to Barbie. I do see them ending around the same DOM for now.

I hope Disney would give INSIDE OUT II that Labor Day weekend expansion they used to give their Pixar releases. I was browsing weekend box office data a couple of days ago and I was reminded that some summer Pixar movies even stayed in theaters until December.

• Like 2

For @charlie Jatinder, ranked 2nd and 3rd weeks. This is from movies with 500+ total DOM only to avoid having to comb too many small Dec movies, but if anyone wants to add any that would make the top 10 (cutoffs 148M/81M) feel free to respond and I’ll add them in.

2nd Weeks

Spoiler

TFA 261M

AEG 186.5M 

NWH 171.7M

TLJ 168.1M

Av2 160.4M

IO2 (est) ~160M

RO 153.4M

JW 149.6M

Barb 148M

IW 147.7M // top 10

Av1 146.5M

BP 143.5M

TGM 137.7M

TA 132M

TROS 127.3M

SMB 126.2M*

I2 124.7M

BatB 119.3M

TLK 117.4M

TDK 112.5M

Titanic 71.2M

3rd Weeks

Spoiler

TFA 118.4M

Av2 113.7M

IO2 (est) 100M

Av1 97M

Barb 86.2M

BP 85.5M

TLJ 84.3M

JW 81.5M

I2 81.2M

AEG 81M // top 10

IW 80.3M

RO 79.9M

TGM 78.8M

NWH 78.2M

SMB 77.7M*

TA 74.7M

TDK 64.4M

TLK 60.5M

BatB 59.4M

TROS 46M

Titanic 45M

* SMB is the only non Fri opener, weeks reflect D8-14 and D15-21 respectively. Please use same method for any suggested adds

Edited by Legion Again
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

For @charlie Jatinder, ranked 2nd and 3rd weeks. This is from movies with 500+ total DOM only to avoid having to comb too many small Dec movies, but if anyone wants to add any that would make the list feel free to respond and I’ll add them in.

2nd Weeks

Reveal hidden contents

3rd Weeks

Reveal hidden contents

* SMB is the only non Fri opener, weeks reflect D8-14 and D15-21 respectively 

Kind of wild 3rd week will still be around 25% higher than TGM.

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Kind of wild 3rd week will still be around 25% higher than TGM.

TGM 4th week 69M thanks to father’s/teenth, that will be the killer. May be able to bank 95-100M lead by end of week 3 though 

Edited by Legion Again
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Lol I step away for an hour and suddenly people's predictions are going from "might be close to 600M" to 700M, 750M and coming up on 800M XD

People around here and their swings of emotion. It's awesome the BO is in good shape and we have a massive hit for the first time in dam near a year but pump the brakes a little people.  LOL

5 minutes ago, crazymoviekid said:

Inside Out going for a range of $95M-$106M

BB4 is at $17M-$18M

Bikeriders is at $8.3M-$8.7M

I could not fathom The Bikeriders having an IM of something over/under 6 of its Thursday preview of 1.4m, which according to Charlie was the full Thursday number. So, I cant understand that. This has gotta be a lowball

Edited by Pinacolada

9 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I could not fathom The Bikeriders having an IM of something over/under 6 of its Thursday preview of 1.4m, which according to Charlie was the full Thursday number. So, I cant understand that. This has gotta be a lowball

Lol, I missed the previews. New Bikeriders: 

$9.75M-$10.35M

• Sad 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.