3 hours ago, Grand Cine said:

Predictions for Weekdays to come :

14,3M (-55%)

18,6M (+30%)

14M (-25%)

12,6M (-10%)

Total after 14 Days : almost 416M

it should go $420 million at the end of the 2nd box office week

Dont think I saw anything related to this posted here yet but anyone else see the Eddie Murphy interview with him talking about Shrek 5 and the Donkey spinoff? Apparently they have recorded a decent chunk of lines from Murphy already so I wonder how long it will take before an official announcement.

Also I find it ironic that I peeped in here for the first time in a few months just a a couple days ago just to mention how Universal is sitting on a gold mine with Shrek 5 and then Murphy drops a tease today.

1 minute ago, Austin said:

Dont think I saw anything related to this posted here yet but anyone else see the Eddie Murphy interview with him talking about Shrek 5 and the Donkey spinoff? Apparently they have recorded a decent chunk of lines from Murphy already so I wonder how long it will take before an official announcement.

Also I find it ironic that I peeped in here for the first time in a few months just a a couple days ago just to mention how Universal is sitting on a gold mine with Shrek 5 and then Murphy drops a tease today.

Probably just a test, they haven't even assigned a director. Crawford should get the job though.

8 minutes ago, Austin said:

I saw Empire tweet that they plan to go up against Avatar 3 in that Christmas 2025 slot. If they can make that date, that would be a very interesting face-off to watch.

23 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I saw Empire tweet that they plan to go up against Avatar 3 in that Christmas 2025 slot. If they can make that date, that would be a very interesting face-off to watch.

I hope that happens! That would be an epic Christmas at the box office.

I can see Inside Out 2 going down in history as this decade’s Shrek 2 in terms of box office juggernauts, which is fascinating because that film came out 20 years ago.

This is quite unrelated to anything, but I just noticed ghostbusters quietly ended up matching the original WW. Despite how catastrophic everyone considered those first two weeks it seems the film did alright all things considered.

I think it also goes to show how the first half of this year has been weak not because of demand but because of lackluster schedule. I mean how many films really flopped hard so far? They've more or less all met or exceeded their potential, that potential just wasn't super high for most of these projects.

Frozen empire ended up getting more of an overseas boost compared to afterlife. Think in the moment that just wasn't expected to be a saving grace. 

But yeah, individual films' success hasn't really been the issue this year so much as a general extreme lack of volume. With a few obvious exceptions (Furiosa was a bomb, let's face it), I think people have really gotten hung up too much on how individual movies perform compared to expectations when the overall health of the industry is what's most important for general morale.

Saw IO2 on Saturday with my family.  At first, it was just going to be me and my younger cousin, then his parents (my aunt and uncle) decided to join in last-minute.  Although they don't speak English fluently, they laughed, and at the end, I asked if they liked it and they said it was good and that it showed how your mind can sometimes control your actions whether you want them to or not.  

I find that universally appealing.  

While not as good as the first, it was great.  It was a little slow at the beginning for me, and I found some of the conflict elementary (even for a kids film), but by the end it definitely struck an emotional cord and I think not just teens but adults can relate to what Riley goes through here.  Plus, all of the emotions, including the new ones, remain not just extremely likable but relatable. 

• Like 1

Do we think there's enough juice in the tank for June to cross $1B?

It'll only be the fourth month to do it post pandemic if it can. IO2 would have to hold incredibly well, and AQP would need to hit top end of targets.

July should hit the target, but it would be nice to hit that milestone twice in a row like we did last summer.

• Like 1

Monday number could be slightly deflated by Stanley Cup Final Game 7 with the league's best player in said series too. NHL doesn't draw like the NBA but it was a very compelling series. Then, what deflation was seen yesterday will be corrected today with a huge Tuesday increase so it'll all sort itself out.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

We have estimates for The Watchers and Furiosa Mondays but I don't think that's enough to start the weekday thread.

It actually is. 

• Like 1