kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 01-04, 2024] | Thursday | 20.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 7.2M INSIDE OUT II | 4.7M AQP: DAY ONE

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

The Real test for AQP will be tomorrow and Wednesday with the lose of PLF and Imax . For IO2, it's Wednesday with DM4 impact or not. 

The weekend before July 4th this year was kind of a bad release date.  QP don't even get one full week in theaters before DM4 is arriving on Weds. At least it's different audiences.

Edited by Mojoguy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, todos said:

$15M possible today?

A 75% increase for discount Tuesday seems unlikely when the numbers are this high to begin with. 

12-13m most likely. 

Edited by harry713
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, harry713 said:

A 75% increase for discount Tuesday seems unlikely when the numbers are this high to begin with. 

12-13m most likely. 

yeah 50% jump this Tuesday would be very healthy for Inside Out 2.

• Like 1

I think the jump for tuesday will be lower due to 4th July.

For me ,

IO2 :

11,2 (+30%)

7,8 (-30%)

7,8 (=)

12,1 (+55%)

13,3 (+10%)

10 (-25%)

3rd Weekend : 35,4M (-38%) ; Total around 540M

AQP :

5,2 (=)

3,9 (-25%)

3,7 (-5%)

6,7 (+80%)

7,4 (+10%)

5,2 (-30%)

2nd Weekend : 19,3M (-63% ; i think the lose of PLF and Imax will have a impact ) ; Total : 89,5M

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

I think the jump for tuesday will be lower due to 4th July.

The 4th of July itself seems to be a lower-traffic day than the 3rd... I don't know what that means for today, though. I think Wednesday could be a small drop from from Tuesday at least.

Edited by cannastop

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, todos said:

$15M possible today?

I would say 13-15 million for IO2 3rd Tuesday which would be the biggest 3rd Tuesday ever in US box office history.

Edited by Migs20242

Posted (edited)

Based off of 2019 and 2013 (when DM2 opened on this same cycle), I forsee about 25-26% drop on Wednesday (worse than Ts4 better than Monsters U) and then it being flatish on Thursday the 4th. Adult films on the other hand should have a wide variety of increases based off the past records after everything takes a hit to the theater / showtime loss with D4 opening. 2013 and 2019 really are good barometers. Going any further back really messes with things since cheap Tuesday was a post 2011ish thing overall. 

*and that comment about worse than TS4 is due to TS4 already getting hit on Tuesday with Spideys opening versus Wednesday. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 2

The original Inside Out movie dropped nearly 41% when Minions was released last 2015.

So expect the same this weekend with IO2. Likely mid 30s-low 40% weekend drop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, harry713 said:

I wasn’t really paying attention but did DM4 not have previews yesterday?

Nope. Due to the 5-day holiday, it's getting a normal opening day.

• Like 1