kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 01-04, 2024] | Thursday | 20.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 7.2M INSIDE OUT II | 4.7M AQP: DAY ONE

3 minutes ago, Samwise the Brave said:

What about Wednesday and Thursday? Can one expect $10M+ for each because of the holiday?

no, probably not. Wednesday should be in the $8 million range. Thursday will be around the same as Wednesday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Samwise the Brave said:

What about Wednesday and Thursday? Can one expect $10M+ for each because of the holiday?

It’s going to be hit by Despicable Me 4.

We don’t know yet how hard, but that will negate the holiday effect somewhat.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grand Cine said:

I think the jump for tuesday will be lower due to 4th July.

For me ,

IO2 :

11,2 (+30%)

7,8 (-30%)

7,8 (=)

12,1 (+55%)

13,3 (+10%)

10 (-25%)

3rd Weekend : 35,4M (-38%) ; Total around 540M

AQP :

5,2 (=)

3,9 (-25%)

3,7 (-5%)

6,7 (+80%)

7,4 (+10%)

5,2 (-30%)

2nd Weekend : 19,3M (-63% ; i think the lose of PLF and Imax will have a impact ) ; Total : 89,5M

My prediction for IO2 Tuesday is good , the same jump as TS4 5 Years ago. Good Tuesday number for AQP ,  much better than i anticipated , the real test for twice is today.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Maxxxine EA shows today are doing gangbusters in Los Angeles. 

Some theatres have added as many as 6 showings for tonight! Most have at least 2-3 showings. It’s definitely an area that will carry the film for the weekend even if it struggles elsewhere, which makes sense given where the film takes place.

EDIT - New York is no slouch either, with many theatres adding multiple EA now too.

Edited by VanillaSkies
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Really excited for the Wednesday numbers when IO2 faces its first real competition with DM4. Will be very interesting see how well IO2 holds and how high DM4 opens.

Should be room for both since it will be a 5 day weekend for many people. This killer heatwave this week will be boosting all films for sure!

Edited by Mojoguy

Solid Tuesday :) now to hit that -25%ish today and be flat on Thursday. Should then theoretically lead to a low-mid 30s weekend (pending the pops on Friday/Saturday of course.)

I think the drop is going to be spectacular this weekend. It’s been playing to the older crowds who wouldn’t necessarily sub it out as a choice for DM4. 

I’m thinking $35 million minimum. 

• Like 3

Anecdotally, I've performed Rocky Horror in theaters showing Inside Out 2 - when those audiences would clear out; kids and families made up a far smaller share of the audience that I expected. If it can withhold DM4 enough to stay over $30m, it's gonna stay incredibly strong - hell, if Disney spreads the wealth when Deadpool and Wolverine opens, it could stay over $10m weekends until August.

4th weekend: $31m (-46%)

5th weekend: $22m (-29%)

6th weekend: $15m (-32%) <- should hit $600m around this point if all goes well.

7th weekend: $11m (-27%)

Interestingly, it's followed Barbie pretty closely; as it stands, IO2 is currently $11m ahead of Barbie at the same point in its run; This weekend should close the gap, but the lead should stay the same. $650m or bust!

• Like 2

Only question around DM4 is if the GentleMinions effect is there this time around as well. Last time that spiked the BO big time. But the audience for IO2 and DM4 will co exist for sure. IO2 wont be short of screens for sure. its not a market where only one movie can thrive. Plus IO2 already lost most of PLF last week to AQP and so that is already taken into account. Plus there is holiday boost this week. 

37 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Only question around DM4 is if the GentleMinions effect is there this time around as well. Last time that spiked the BO big time. But the audience for IO2 and DM4 will co exist for sure. IO2 wont be short of screens for sure. its not a market where only one movie can thrive. Plus IO2 already lost most of PLF last week to AQP and so that is already taken into account. Plus there is holiday boost this week. 

Anecdotally - it doesn't seem quite as totalizing? The GentleMinion meme was EVERYWHERE on social media when Minions 2 released, and it at least feels quieter to me. Still, I'm not sure how much that really moved the needle, as it seems like all of Illumination's movies are incredibly backloaded when it comes to sales and relied far more on walk-ups than even other animated movies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ezen Baklattan said:

Anecdotally - it doesn't seem quite as totalizing? The GentleMinion meme was EVERYWHERE on social media when Minions 2 released, and it at least feels quieter to me. Still, I'm not sure how much that really moved the needle, as it seems like all of Illumination's movies are incredibly backloaded when it comes to sales and relied far more on walk-ups than even other animated movies.

IO2 is definitely the most backloaded of all the movies i have tracked and that includes the previous Minions movie.