Grand Cine

Weekdays (15th-18th July) : The Calm before the Storm : DM4 : 5,7M - LongLegs : 2,4M - IO2 : 2,8M

1 minute ago, Bob Train said:

Sunday drops were in the 30-35% range instead of the 20-25% that is normal during Summer.

With the movies that we had now , globally the drop are the same as last week. I think also that the Saturday are also a little better than predicted so it's more a balance .

Regarding Apple and their movies, it's interesting.

There's just something off about them. Maybe except Flower Moon, there's this uncanny valley type of feeling where their movies don't seem to be coming to theaters, they don't feel like theatrical releases for some reason, almost like they're stumbling upon theaters by accident. Maybe it's mostly the marketing or trailers. Maybe that's just me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grand Cine said:

Mario down tomorrow in US and Worldwide !!!

Yeah. 👍🏻

And then Inside Out 2’s next target after that, is Avengers: Age of Ultron. Which is ironic since the first IO came out the same year and summer as Ultron.

I'm doing various calculations about Inside Out 2, and I think that if it passes Jurassic World DOM ($652,306,625), it will need to have Incredibles 2 style late legs. If it follows Toy Story 4's path, it will fall short.

I think that Inside Out 2 will make around $30.5m this week starting July 12th. Incredibles 2 had a 2.4x multi from its 5th week on. Toy Story 4 had a 1.95 multi. This is the difference of Inside Out 2 making $655.5m dom and it making $641.8 dom

I know I'm a little late to this, but I'm still genuinely shocked at how terrible those Sunday holds were for the top six movies. I don't know what specifically happened, but I was very disappointed. That same summer weekend in 2019 had the top 10 films fall less than 30%

It might not seem like a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I really hate seeing actuals go down from the estimates. Especially since that it wasn't just one or two movies that went slightly down, it was the top six movies and some were down by either close or more than $1M

• Like 1