kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Actuals | 81.3M TWISTERS | 24.4M DESPICABLE ME IV | 12.8M INSIDE OUT II | 12.0M LONGLEGS

9 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Demography for Twisters :

18-34 : 46%

25+ : 76% with Men and Women at 38% each

51% Caucasian , 26% Latino , 10% Black , 9 Asian American .

45% non white audience. Goes against the "it will only appeal to white people" talking point I saw. 

• Like 2

Also this:

Per PostTrak last night, 24% went to Twisters because of Powell.

Obviously still not comparable to storms and stuff, but not insignificant. It's the difference between an $80 mil opening and a $60 mil opening, his starpower is clearly rising. 

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

It could be the 4th or 5th biggest OW of the year but the 3rd for Caucasian People just behind Dune 2 and IO2.

12 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

It seems Twisters appeal to men and women in similar numbers. That said, we don't know how much was male/female ratio for 18-34 age range.

2 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

It could be the 4th or 5th biggest OW of the year but the 3rd for Caucasian People just behind Dune 2 and IO2.

I've understood IO2 has a bigger latino audience than white.

Well since Twisters is flopping overseas, I’m glad it might be able to save face domestically. Still think it wasn’t the best decision to open a week before Deadpool but they might be able to co exist. 

Edited by babz06

13 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah most likely. Fingers Crossed. It seems like WOM  is better and it's not Fanboy driven like that was.  Still want to be cautious though. If it drops like 70% next weekend  to 25 or something, we are all going to be really bummed out.

70% seems… very unlikely. That would be a a horrible drop. Even with Deadpool. Even Dead Reckoning didn’t drop that badly against Barbenheimer

7 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Also this:

Per PostTrak last night, 24% went to Twisters because of Powell.

Obviously still not comparable to storms and stuff, but not insignificant. It's the difference between an $80 mil opening and a $60 mil opening, his starpower is clearly rising. 

People are comparing him to Chris Pratt but I think he has more potential than that esp if he does a better job with his PR. Like do not say dumb stuff on social media and not maybe be part of a weird religious group or something.

Just now, AnthonyJPHer said:

70% seems… very unlikely. That would be a a horrible drop. Even with Deadpool. Even Dead Reckoning didn’t drop that badly against Barbenheimer

Like I said I do not think it is likely either but we just never know. 

Would be funny if Twisters continued an unlikely 2024 trend where we have yet another movie stop short of $200M after Godzilla x Kong, Kung Fu Panda, and most likely Bad Boys.

• Like 1

The good thing for Twisters and it makes difference for overperformance is it attracts in 18-34 age range more than i anticipated . Twisters reminds me Dune 2 or Oppenheimer which attracts also younger persons and in big screens. Also Dune 2 has almost half of the audience as Caucasian Audience .

The problem with Twisters and the difference with the two other is the competition because next week , most of the 18-34 age , will see D&W so maybe he could down a lot , which was not the case for Dune 2 ( He had KFP 4 but with more family audience) and Oppenheimer ( Haunted Mansion underperformance) .

8 minutes ago, Kon said:

I've understood IO2 has a bigger latino audience than white.

Yeah i just take pourcentage of the audience and translate in dollars and IO2 makes around 50M , Twisters around 39M and Dune 2 around 40M . For this 5 Day , DM4 made around 33M .

PS : It's just a estimation , it's not the real number .

I don't have any baseline for this but next weekend has 27 presales for Twisters at Canton so I feel like there is some interest in it now independent of just being the "new blockbuster this weekend"

6 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

Yeah , I expect around 60% at this point . Twisters has a older audience which could permit him to resist

3 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

The good thing for Twisters and it makes difference for overperformance is it attracts in 18-34 age range more than i anticipated . Twisters reminds me Dune 2 or Oppenheimer which attracts also younger persons and in big screens. Also Dune 2 has almost half of the audience as Caucasian Audience .

The problem with Twisters and the difference with the two other is the competition because next week , most of the 18-34 age , will see D&W so maybe he could down a lot , which was not the case for Dune 2 ( He had KFP 4 but with more family audience) and Oppenheimer ( Haunted Mansion underperformance) .

Exactly this is why people need to be cautious here. This weekend is great we do not need melting down next weekend if it takes a big hit. 

• Founder / Operator
19 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Congrats on a brilliant call that I thought looked unlikely even few days ago. 

Thanks, old friend!

• Like 5

• Founder / Operator
14 hours ago, AniNate said:

@Shawn Robbinsknew all along. Everyone else doesn't know how to gauge walkups

Thanks @AniNate! Definitely a lot of great trackers here too though who've spotted hard-to-read trends and wild variables on other movies before me. Always a mix of data and instinct with so much to consider and it's never a perfect science.

Thankfully in this case though, a very fun result and great for summer box office.

• Like 5
  • Heart 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Rare caucasian % closer to the American population. Hollywood should make more red-belt films. Alienating the biggest population section is DUMB.

• Like 1