Eric the Marxist

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 3

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Eternals

Black Widow

Thor: Love and Thunder

havent seen Quantumania, Marvels or Deadpool.

20 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Idk how people like Black Widow🤮

Imo, one of the worst films in history. Just absolute garbage CGI and fight choreography, two terrible villains, and terrible comedy. 

It has better cinematography than a lot of recent Marvel movies

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Idk how people like Black Widow🤮

Imo, one of the worst films in history. Just absolute garbage CGI and fight choreography, two terrible villains, and terrible comedy. 

One of the worst films in history????

Opinions are opinions, but that one is just baffling to me. It has its weaknesses but overall a decent enough time. 

• Like 13

Caught it again. Here’s my main Q right now: Why does “Happy Birthday” need to be credited (not even to an artist, just to ‘Traditional’) in the film’s licensed music credits. Do I do owe someone royalties for singing it at parties all my life?

All this tier rankings are tedious, here's mine

MCU Post Endgame i enjoyed -

D&W, GOTG Vol 3, NWH, Shang Chi

MCU Post Endgame i did not enjoy -

Everything else with special mention to Quantamania, what a load of..... 

MCU Post Endgame i HATED -

Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness, this shouldn't even exist, Worst Marvel movie, should be de canonized. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Obviously early but RT Verified Audience 97% with an Average Rating 4.8/5.0... Promising but early.

Kojima loved this. I’m drinking so much filmbro tears this weekend that I just wish I had some Aviator gin to go along with it. Root beer will do though.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Kojima loved this. I’m drinking so much filmbro tears this weekend that I just wish I had some Aviator gin to go along with it. Root beer will do though.

Kojimbo have spoken

every other opinion is useless

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m drinking so much filmbro tears this weekend that I just wish I had some Aviator gin to go along with it. Root beer will do though.

Moderation

No.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

One of the worst films in history????

Opinions are opinions, but that one is just baffling to me. It has its weaknesses but overall a decent enough time. 

Yeah I was gonna say like it’s not even bottom 10 worst MCU. That series has had some capital B Bad movies but Black Widow ain’t that, just more forgettable/disappointing given the character’s background and the time it took for her to get a movie.

Alright, imma dive into the “post-Endgame” mud:

A: Loki S2 (perfect), Shang-Chi (perfect aside from contrived finale), Werewolf By Night

B: Loki S1, Wandavision (excellent first 2/3rds, eh conclusion) No Way Home (best of the fanservice films), Multiverse of Madness (I take no Raimi slander), GOTG3 (good but too dark), Hawkeye (good campy holiday fun, even if Kingpin was unnecessary and Clint was basically irrelevant)

C Black Widow, Eternals (appreciated what it was trying to be), Moon Knight (excellent first 2/3rds, weak last two episodes), Wakanda Forever (too long, too many subplots), Falcon/Winter Soldier, She-Hulk (wished it was more Ally McBeal than MCU), Deadpool & Wolverine

D : Secret Invasion (so much promise in those first two eps, all squandered)

F: Love and Thunder and Quantumania, the worst content to come out of Marvel Studios

Did not see: Ms.Marvel (which I’ve heard great things about) The Marvels (why… just why?), What If?

X-Men ‘97 is A-tier but I don’t think it “counts” as MCU

Natalie Holt’s Loki music is the best in the MCU post-Endgame

Edited by OncomingStorm93

Deadpool is fine 

All the Disney / Fox / Marvel jokes are awful. Didn’t really like the many scenes with “homo behavior” used as punchlines as well. Shawn Levy is a bad director. A lot of the plot is useless, it’s very weirdly structured.

That said, Ryan is always great in the character, really love Hugh. Their dynamics works very well, and the climax is really fun to watch. Also liked a lot the cartoonish physicals gags and violence, it feels the right tone for a comic book adaptation.

3/5 for me, fun time at the theater.

• Like 2

Oh and if we’re ranking the D+ shows

X-Men 97

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier 

WandaVision

What If S1

Loki S1

Echo

Hawkeye

Have not seen seasons 2 of What If or Loki, as well as Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight and Secret Invasion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

62M SAT would be quite good. 210M weekend if it holds. 

It should do +500M DOM quite easily, good comeback for Marvel.

62M Sat would probably lead to 215m, late July megaopeners usually have a SUN drop in the 10% range (TLK, Barbenheimer, TDK/TDKR).

Don’t see why this would be different.

• Like 1

I just remembered that while we'll be getting an update on where Deadpool and Wolverine is heading at the box office tonight (either from Charlie or Deadline), Marvel will have their San Diego Comic-Con presentation at the same time. 

Get ready folks, because this thread is gonna be all about specifically Marvel at least until the morning. 

If we are ranking Post Endgame stuff (actually post FFH):

A: Black Panther 2, WandaVison, Spider-Man:NWH, Eternals, GotG3, The Marvels, Moonknight, Loki S1+2

B: What If S2, Black Widow, Echo, Werewolf by Night, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Ms Marvel, Shang-Chi, Falcon and the Wintersoldier, GotG Holiday Special

C : Thor 4, Ant-Man 3, Dr Strange 2 What if S1

F : Secret Invasion

So yes I'm generally a pretty big fan of most of the MCU post Endgame

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

62M Sat would probably lead to 215m, late July megaopeners usually have a SUN drop in the 10% range (TLK, Barbenheimer, TDK/TDKR).

Don’t see why this would be different.

A 10% drop would be amazing, but I went back and checked out every past MCU film that opened in July (Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Widow, Ant-Man, etc.) and they all fell from Saturday to Sunday between 21%-25%

Those would still be good drops and guarantee a $200M opening also if $62M on Saturday is right, but I'm not entirely expecting a Barbenheimer-like drop for Sunday. Would love to be wrong though.

Edited by Ryan C

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Multiverse Saga / Post Endgame

A+

Spider-Man: No Way Home
Deadpool and Wolverine

Loki

X-Men ‘97

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3

A

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
WandaVision

She-Hulk: Attorney At Law

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Guardians of the Galaxy, Holyday 

A-

Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings

Thor: Love and Thunder (YES and fuck you)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Ms. Marvel 

B+
Hawkeye
What If…

Black Widow

Moon Knight 

Eternals

B

The Marvels

B- 

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania 

F
Secret Invasion

* I’m going through my Daredevil rewatch because I never actually watched Season 3 of that show so I haven’t really watched Echo yet, and I also haven’t watched I Am Groot, but I’m planning to in the next weeks. I do include X-Men ‘97 and the Spider-Verse films as parts of the MCU and the Multiverse Saga. I think it’s clear since Loki that EVERYTHING happened and EVERYTHING matters, which is brilliant when it comes to how vast and big the MCU has become.

Oh hey, good to see you back.