Eric the Marxist

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

41 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Trying to make a Cinematic Universe in 2025 is way too late, should have just gone the Batman root for all their characters. 

I love The Batman but I find it soooooo funny how it's used as this example of how cinematic universes don't work anymore and the standalone way is better when it made less than every single MCU film released that same year except Love and Thunder. A bad Dr. Strange MCU movie still outperforms an acclaimed solo Batman. No shit DC still wants their own cinematic universe.

Edited by 21C
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Are we talking about the combined totals for Deadpool and Wolverine and Twisters this weekend or the opening weekend for both Twisters and Deadpool and Wolverine combined?

If the latter is the case, then it should absolutely be above Barbenheimer. 

Barbenheimer + MI7 - $264M

Twisters could be $37M on high end. Would need Dp&W to do $227M.

so like

97.5+
67+
60+

Could be close.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It's called The Last Stand

I’ll call it whatever I want, I’m lazy 😤

5 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

How do you find this out?

Way back machine. Notably X2 was bumped down to #5 just 2 weekends later by matrix reloaded

Edited by Joyous Legion

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Barbenheimer + MI7 - $264M

Twisters could be $37M on high end. Would need Dp&W to do $227M.

so like

97.5+
67+
60+

Could be close.

Yeah, but I unfortunately don't think Deadpool and Wolverine will have that kind of insane Saturday growth that Twisters did. 

It'll probably have to settle for slightly lower than $227M, but who knows? 

Strong walk-up business is something I can never doubt anymore after the summer we've had. 

This would be good realistic results for CBM going forward imo:

Joker: 900M+

Venom 500-600M

Cap 4: 600-700M (It ain´t making the budget back, but being a great movie is important for brand).

Thunderbolts: 650-700M 

Superman: 750-800M

F4: 700-800M

With Iger clamping down on budgets, and mandate that everything needs to be ready to go before shooting there is no reason the budgets for Thunderbolts and F4 shouldn´t be more than 200M. So I assume that they are that and thus those grosses are good enough. Thunderbolts is going to be the best movie easily. The people working on that are very good and I expect Feige having oversight like the old days on those movies, while television is run by someone else.

Cap 4 is the only one I´m really worried about. Especially if the movie isn´t great. 

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I thought he had an excel sheet with all this data and just hit sort. :chaplin:

One day perhaps I’ll finally pull the trigger on this

12 minutes ago, Joyous Legion said:

I’ll call it whatever I want, I’m lazy

X Men: The Last Stand 

Or the one where they had to depower Rogue because the movie would be too easy.

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

11 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

This would be good realistic results for CBM going forward imo:

Joker: 900M+

Venom 500-600M

Cap 4: 600-700M (It ain´t making the budget back, but being a great movie is important for brand).

Thunderbolts: 650-700M 

Superman: 750-800M

F4: 700-800M

With Iger clamping down on budgets, and mandate that everything needs to be ready to go before shooting there is no reason the budgets for Thunderbolts and F4 shouldn´t be more than 200M. So I assume that they are that and thus those grosses are good enough. Thunderbolts is going to be the best movie easily. The people working on that are very good and I expect Feige having oversight like the old days on those movies, while television is run by someone else.

Cap 4 is the only one I´m really worried about. Especially if the movie isn´t great. 

I think this is to optimistic. 

Joker: 500-600m

Venom. 500-600m

Cap 4. 300-400m

Thunderbolts. 400-500m

Superman 500-600m

F4. 300-400m

• Like 1

Just now, Geo1500 said:

Venom. 500-600m

Cap 4. 300-400m

Thunderbolts. 400-500m

Superman 500-600m

F4. 300-400m

i don´t see how Joker drops that much. Why would it? All the other grosses are fair, tho I think it´s low. Especially F4. That movie is hyped af and its biggest problem it´s the release date. It's crowded.

19 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

i don´t see how Joker drops that much. Why would it? All the other grosses are fair, tho I think it´s low. Especially F4. That movie is hyped af and its biggest problem it´s the release date. It's crowded.

Once word about joker being a musical gets out with WOM it could crater

18 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Venom. 500-600m

Cap 4. 300-400m

Thunderbolts. 400-500m

Superman 500-600m

F4. 300-400m

We're talking domestic, right /s (though I would hope to god Superman can outgross Man of Steel)