Eric the Marxist

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE WEEKEND THREAD | 211 DOM, 233.1 OS, 444.1 WW | Disney does it again!

Fun Fact. The only MCU movie that made one Billion in the last 5 years is both Spider-man movies. Far from was the last MCU movie to make a billion before the pandemic and Spider-man no way home is the only MCU movie to make a billion post-pandemic. 

The MCU released 12 movies in that time-span and two of these were spider-man movies and the only two 1 billion movies excluding Deadpool and Wolverinre but if you include Deadpool and Wolverine it becomes 13 MCU movies since Spider-man far from home

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Fun Fact. The only MCU movie that made one Billion in the last 5 years is both Spider-man movies. Far from was the last MCU movie to make a billion before the pandemic and Spider-man no way home is the only MCU movie to make a billion post-pandemic. 

The MCU released 12 movies in that time-span and two of these were spider-man movies and the only two 1 billion movies excluding Deadpool and Wolverinre

I mean, there was a reason Sony and Fox didn't give af about Avengers in the 90s

Endgame killing off Tony/Steve/Nat is bringing things full circle 😛

5 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I mean, there was a reason Sony and Fox didn't give af about Avengers in the 90s

Endgame killing off Tony/Steve/Nat is bringing things full circle 😛

For Avengers 5 and 6 they have 3 stars remaining Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman and Tom Holland hence they will be bailed out in these big come together titles but other then that all these other movies with smaller characters will only become money waste hence why they have been cut down and you don´t see them releasing 4 or 5 times a year anymore 

Edited by Geo1500

Guardians of the Galaxy just made 800M

Wakanda Forever made 800M. 
Doctor Strange made 900M

Can we stop acting like the MCU haven’t consistently proved that they can make gold out basically anything. Just because they have failed with some new stuff doesn’t mean suddenly anything they make outside of Avengers or X-Men is going to flop. Like seriously the hyperbole around this is ridiculous. Why is it either massive success or flop? Where’s the middle ground.

• Like 1

I have a lot of confidence in the quality of Thunderbolts. Marketing will be important, as will the reception to the next bunch of Marvel stuff/Comic Con etc. Hard to predict rn.

Feel like Brave New World is probably aiming for o/u $500m at this point tho, that one has some obvious battles.

FF I think will be big.

5 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

For Avengers 5 and 6 they have 3 stars remaining Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman and Tom Holland hence they will be bailed out in these big come together titles but other then that all these other movies with smaller characters will only become money waste hence why they have been cut down and you don´t see them releasing 4 or 5 times a year anymore 

Oh I'm pretty sure a lot of dead ppl are getting variants in those films too and they are likely to be massive, especially Avengers 6 which could again topple Avatar. But after that, even Feige seems to be more committed to the X-Men than the Avengers. The mutants were his original babies back in the late 90s/early 00s after all

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

Oh I'm pretty sure a lot of dead ppl are getting variants in those films too and they are likely to be massive, especially Avengers 6 which could again topple Avatar. But after that, even Feige seems to be more committed to the X-Men than the Avengers. The mutants were his original babies back in the late 90s/early 00s after all

That’s good. Leave the Avengers be. 6 movies are enough and if they don’t completely fuck the last two it will be the most successful franchise alongside Avatar who might be over depending how well the next one does

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

RDJ is not coming back he is 60 bro. He is done no need to un-retire him. I could see Cap returning 

What has been surprising about the MCU's downfall has been the BO downturn is due to the fumble of supposedly sure-fire sequels. Like I'd understand to an extent if they were struggling due to failing to launch new heroes.

In fact Shang Chi is one of their few successes and the fact they didn't prioritise a sequel is still baffling to me. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

People online way overestimate how much GA appeal the FF have.

That movie is going to PAY for the sins of not just one, but three previous poorly received adaptations. I genuinely think Brave New World has a shot at making more money than Fantastic Four, a brand which was poisoned long before the Marvel brand itself got poisoned. It'll likely be Marvel's equivalent of Batman Begins, a well-received reboot which underperforms because of the sins of its fathers, but finds a huge audience in secondary markets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Avatar wont be toppled unless inflation is ridiculous by then

5 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That movie is going to PAY for the sins of not just one, but three previous poorly received adaptations. I genuinely think Brave New World has a shot at making more money than Fantastic Four, a brand which was poisoned long before the Marvel brand itself got poisoned. It'll likely be Marvel's equivalent of Batman Begins, a well-received reboot which underperforms because of the sins of its fathers, but finds a huge audience in secondary markets.

Ain’t nobody give two shit about those previous adaptions, this is the MCU. It’s the big leagues. Most people haven’t even watched the 2015 one. 

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

In fact Shang Chi is one of their few successes and the fact they didn't prioritise a sequel is still baffling to me. 

The biggest fumble is not making another one by now. A consequence of making 8494 projects and not just a few and build on those.

20 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Doctor Strange made 900M

Can we stop acting like the MCU haven’t consistently proved that they can make gold out basically anything. Just because they have failed with some new stuff doesn’t mean suddenly anything they make outside of Avengers or X-Men is going to flop. Like seriously the hyperbole around this is ridiculous. Why is it either massive success or flop? Where’s the middle ground.

You’re being very selective with your examples. Where are Eternals, The Marvels, Quantumania, Love & Thunder? 

Plus, there’s very little room for middle ground when the films always cost $200m+. 

25 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Doctor Strange made 900M

Wakanda Forever technically lost money so was a flop

17 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

RDJ is not coming back he is 60 bro. He is done no need to un-retire him. I could see Cap returning 

RDJ showed with Oppenheimer that he's willing to play old roles about a rich businessman who's also a weapons dealer with a big ego. 

Oh wait..... 

• Haha 1

Cap 4 feels has limited appeals OS and just don't see a domestic total higher than low 200s . 450-500m . Basically phase 1 type run

Thunderbolts won't be a marvels due to summer . 350-500M+

F4  600-800M

Superman.  700M+

Just now, Krissykins said:

You’re being very selective with your examples. Where are Eternals, The Marvels, Quantumania, Love & Thunder? 

Plus, there’s very little room for middle ground when the films always cost $200m+. 

Love and Thunder still made a profit and was a financial success even though it should have done much more.

I wasn’t selective, I picked examples of MCU movies being successful to show that they still can have success despite flops like The Marvels. Ant-Man also had the hype but the quality was trash. Here people are just presuming everything will flop regardless of quality outside of Avengers, Spider-Man and X-Men. Also it’s already now that Marvel is pulling back on budgets so don’t know why people are presuming every movie going forward it’s going to be 200M+ when that’s most likely not gong to be a success.

• Like 1