kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

1 hour ago, CloneWars said:

So, based off these numbers, it would seem highly likely D&W hits $600M DOM, correct?

Not sold on high likely yet, just on likely. 

I’ll wait for WED-THU numbers first, they’re usually more indicative than MON-TUE that always have spillover effects especially for super charged opening weekends.

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I have to say watching the movie surrounded by straight guys making annoyingly loud sounds of excitement everytime someone said “fucking” in the movie was hard, kinda like “oh it’s so grown up and edgy” vibes … yeah it was one of the low points of my screening. 

I wanted people excited with Like a Prayer or something 

56 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

Sit back and get comfortable lol. People will see IPs until the sun explodes. And considering the breakouts are usually more IP based than purely original content, even originals that break out have something based on it. 

Oh I already got like 5 different rants up and ready for the end of the year. Y'all are gonna love it!

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I have to say watching the movie surrounded by straight guys making annoyingly loud sounds of excitement everytime someone said “fucking” in the movie was hard, kinda like “oh it’s so grown up and edgy” vibes … yeah it was one of the low points of my screening. 

MCU being so huge and PG-13 has left the market wide open for rated R superhero stuff which the Deadpool films have taken advantage of. Do the Deadpool films go overboard with violence and language at times? Sure. But after Deadpool ends we are back to the next 30-40 MCU films being PG-13.

We really need more stuff like Watchmen and Kickass.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

MCU being so huge and PG-13 has left the market wide open for rated R superhero stuff which the Deadpool films have taken advantage of. Do the Deadpool films go overboard with violence and language at times? Sure. But after Deadpool ends we are back to the next 30-40 MCU films being PG-13.

I mean there is Blade if that actually ends up getting made.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

Can BB4 reach $400M worldwide?

Should not be a problem. Still making a little OS. It will get there

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

the Watchmen TV Show was so good, now that is how you do it.

Gunn’s Suicide Squad was kinda great too. It shares a lot with Deadpool tonally but it’s an actual movie with an actual directorial vision, i find it genuinely great instead of fun which is how i would describe Deadpool, which is fine of course.

I think Blade will be Rated R. Feige will be just stupid if he didn’t do a smaller scale actual gory Blade movie after this.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Not sold on high likely yet, just on likely. 

I’ll wait for WED-THU numbers first, they’re usually more indicative than MON-TUE that always have spillover effects especially for super charged opening weekends.

If it drops like The Dark Knight, then it'll have a WED of 22.4 and a THUR of 20.1, leading into a $90-95M second weekend for around $393-398M 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

This movie took me back to my middle school days, when Daniel Tosh and The Hangover were considered the funniest shit to all my guy friends, and "that's so gay" was a common phrase...not a compliment!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Wilson said:

This movie took me back to my middle school days, when Daniel Tosh and The Hangover were considered the funniest shit to all my guy friends, and "that's so gay" was a common phrase...not a compliment!

Spoiler

The movie is just deeply homophobic in ingeniously subtle ways if i’m being honest, but i’m not sure if i should say this here because i though the movie was ok and i don’t want anyone saying i’m being a hater lol. But yeah that’s fully the vibe.

• Like 1

@ThomasNicole 

It needs to make a little bit more than $200M post day 10 in order to top $600M.

Some comps. . .

• The Lion King did $191M off of a $352M day-10 total (54.3%)
  • The Dark Knight did $220M off of a $313M day-10 total (70.3%)
  • The Dark Knight Rises did $161M off of a $287M day-10 total (56.1%)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming did $127M off of a $207M day-10 total (61.4%)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp did $83M off of a $133M day-10 total (62.4%)

So probably like $200-220M post-day 10 for $600-620M ish

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

@ThomasNicole 

It needs to make a little bit more than $200M post day 10 in order to top $600M.

Some comps. . .

• The Lion King did $191M off of a $352M day-10 total (54.3%)
  • The Dark Knight did $220M off of a $313M day-10 total (70.3%)
  • The Dark Knight Rises did $161M off of a $287M day-10 total (56.1%)
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming did $127M off of a $207M day-10 total (61.4%)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp did $83M off of a $133M day-10 total (62.4%)

So probably like $200-220M post-day 10 for $600-620M ish

Seems doable, lack of huge competition should help it.

I think there’ll be another 600M grosser this year, also from Disney.

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Seems doable, lack of huge competition should help it.

I think there’ll be another 600M grosser this year, also from Disney.

Moana 2 could do it

Next year Zootopia 2 and Avatar 3 can do it

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Moana 2 could do it

Next year Zootopia 2 and Avatar 3 can do it

Moana can be the most fun run of the year. 

Is very hard to predict the box office when the original movie while succesful only became a phenomenon in home video, where is difficult to fully measure potential.

I can see it doing 400M DOM but i can also see it becoming the biggest movie of the year DOM 

Ir needs to be good tho, the fact that it was a D+ TV Show recently transformed into a feature was a bit worrisome.

• Like 1