kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jul 29 - Aug 01, 2024] | Wednesday | 18.05M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 3.89M TWISTERS | 2.39M DESPICABLE ME IV | 1.37M INSIDE OUT II

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I want to see Deadpool and Wolverine desecrating the corpse of your childhoods to kill it over and over again until they are 90. This is cinema:

Didn’t Logan came out in 2017? I don’t anyone had their childhood desecrated in this scene.

Not sure where the 600M for Moana 2 is coming from tbh. Like I know it's huge on streaming and stuff, but if Frozen 2 can't do it, I can't imagine Moana 2 going that high.

• Like 6

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Moana can be the most fun run of the year. 

Is very hard to predict the box office when the original movie while succesful only became a phenomenon in home video, where is difficult to fully measure potential.

I can see it doing 400M DOM but i can also see it becoming the biggest movie of the year DOM 

Ir needs to be good tho, the fact that it was a D+ TV Show recently transformed into a feature was a bit worrisome.

The original is the biggest movie on streaming in 2023, for a movie that released almost 8 years ago that's insane.

If it's bad then it's gonna be BVS/Multiverse of Madness 2.0. Huge OW followed by a crash. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

If it's bad then it's gonna be BVS/Multiverse of Madness 2.0. Huge OW followed by a crash. 

I mean...I doubt that lol

22 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

The original is the biggest movie on streaming in 2023, for a movie that released almost 8 years ago that's insane.

Kids movies don't crash like BVS even with bad WOM. This doesn't have a huge fanbase to frontload it like BVS or MOM did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Wilson said:

I mean...I doubt that lol

It's a Disney+ show hacked to pieces into a movie. Not to say it will be bad (I don't want it to), but it could. . .

A lot of people on Reddit are saying it's gonna be bad

Edited by HummingLemon496

3 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Kids movies don't crash like BVS even with bad WOM. This doesn't have a huge fanbase to frontload it like BVS or MOM did.

Lightyear had a 2.34x multiplier. Not BVS/MoM levels but still terrible legs. 

Edited by HummingLemon496

5 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It's a Disney+ show hacked to pieces into a movie. Not to say it will be bad (I don't want it to), but it could. . .

🙃

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

the Watchmen TV Show was so good, now that is how you do it.

This still feels like the only comic book tv show made “for adults” which doesn’t feel juvenile and actually feels like it’s for, well… adults

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am appaled that you guys make fun of Reddit when that place is literally the only corner in the internet where wisdom, patience, restraint and objectivity all intermarried to produce the knowledge-heaven we know Reddit as today.

• Haha 8

Just now, TMP said:

This still feels like the only comic book tv show made “for adults” which doesn’t feel juvenile and actually feels like it’s for, well… adults

Daredevil?

11 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

The Despicable Me movies aren’t exactly cinematic achievements and do big box office. Frozen 2 wasn’t considered to be particularly great and did big box office. The Reddit crowd isn’t exactly the target audience for Moana 2. Unless it turns out boring for kids (Lightyear’s big problem), it’ll do fine and leg out fine. If it’s great though, it will dominate. 

Look, even if Moana 2 is bad, and I am frankly more confident on it than most are, at least quality-wise, BvS legs for an animated movie is simply unheard of. Let alone for a movie that will have both Thanksgiving and Christmas to help support it. I just think getting to 600M is a ludicrous leap, and I hope we aren't fooling ourselves into thinking a more modest jump of 360M or something is a bad gross.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator
20 hours ago, baumer said:

Happy birthday old man. Careful, you're catching up to Tele.

@Shawn Robbins

That made me literally lol.

Thanks old(er) friend, and thanks to everyone again!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1