kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [Aug 02 - Aug 04, 2024] | Actuals | 96.81M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 22.80M TWISTERS | 15.45M TRAP

7 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Inside Out 2 just needs about $110M more to take down 2019's The Lion King.

Even more so than the battle for the 2024 domestic between this and Deadpool & Wolverine, this is gonna be a really tight race. 

If this happens, I cannot wait for this whole debate on whether The Lion King remake is an animated film or not to die out like the dinosaurs. It'll be almost completely irrevelant if Inside Out 2 manages to gross more than $1.665B.

We live in Disney's world.

9 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Even more so than the battle for the 2024 domestic between this and Deadpool & Wolverine, this is gonna be a really tight race. 

If this happens, I cannot wait for this whole debate on whether The Lion King remake is an animated film or not to die out like the dinosaurs. It'll be almost completely irrevelant if Inside Out 2 manages to gross more than $1.665B.

It might all come down to Japan, whether it can gross an extra $5 million or not.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Now watch as Mufasa overtakes it

:Venom:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this is the first time the X-Men series has an Avengers level hit.  Making the early X-Men films so grounded probably limited their box office. 

Ugly black leather costumes for X-men didn't help. Took 24 years until Hugh was allowed to put on the yellow suit! Only was possible because I imagine Reynolds, the big comic nerd was the producer and made it happen.

Walt Disney higher ups that usually don’t tweet about box office are retweeting posts like this one:

If there was any doubt, Disney is loving the shit out of this. And so do I.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

It looks like The Numbers website is down or having issues again. Can we have a BO website that is not a complete clown show.

What are you trying to say about BOT, hmmm? 😠

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Ugly black leather costumes for X-men didn't help. Took 24 years until Hugh was allowed to put on the yellow suit! Only was possible because I imagine Reynolds, the big comic nerd was the producer and made it happen.

I read somewhere Fox made that choice because THE MATRIX was a hit at that time. :hahaha:

29 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this is the first time the X-Men series has an Avengers level hit.  Making the early X-Men films so grounded probably limited their box office. 

Those made like 50% of Tobey's Spider-Man movies but then Apocalypse was already closer to Garfield and if NWH can make almost 2B... In a way DP3 numbers kinda make sense, I think.

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Walt Disney higher ups that usually don’t tweet about box office are retweeting posts like this one:

If there was any doubt, Disney is loving the shit out of this. And so do I.

4 billion by the end of August thanks to ALIEN: ROMULUS.

5 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Now watch as Mufasa overtakes it

:Venom:

If that somehow happens, I'm literally gonna go into depression. 

Like seriously, that would be such a massive F*** You. Though it's not gonna happen. 

Mufasa could do amazing in every single market, but it's not making more than $100M in China like the 2019 remake, so it won't happen. 

14 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

yeah people act like that first X-Men movie was some huge influential hit. I mean, I don't know we already had Blade in 1998, and Spider-Man was already in development and came out just two years later. X-Men did decently for its budget but it barely outgrossed stuff like Scary Movie and What Lies Beneath

Domestic Box Office For 2000 - Box Office Mojo

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eric is Trapped said:

What are you trying to say about BOT, hmmm? 😠

Nothing. LOL I just meant the websites that have have the charts and BO office history.  Having said that this forum does load really slow on my computer and give me error messages a lot while trying to load. So....