kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Aug 05 - Aug 08, 2024] | Wednesday | 9.87M DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 2.64M TWISTERS | 1.83M DESPICABLE ME IV

11 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Just heard that Apple is burning FOURTY FIVE MILLION A PIECE for George Clooney and Brad Pitt to star a film called Wolfs two or something. That’s RDJ back in Avengers: Doomsday and Avengers: Secret Wars money for a film apparently scheduled to have an ONE WEEKEND movie theater release schedule. LMAO.

45 EACH??? Who the fuck was in charge of theatrical at Apple they were scamming them lmao. 

Final stalker challenge lightning round (in order of difficulty) — what is my:

Middle name

favorite magic card

Favorite US house representative

favorite modern horizons card

Social Security number 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wattage said:

45 EACH??? Who the fuck was in charge of theatrical at Apple they were scamming them lmao. 

Which leads me to think that RDJ’s Avengers contract and now this might be the first of several. I mean Tom Cruise also gets obscene money so I wonder who else could have that kind of clout. Of course that it doesn’t make sense, but I feel like Apple is just buying time until they inevitably buy Disney. That’s just insanity though.

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Which leads me to think that RDJ’s Avengers contract and now this might be the first of several. I mean Tom Cruise also gets obscene money so I wonder who else could have that kind of clout. Of course that it doesn’t make sense, but I feel like Apple is just buying time until they inevitably buy Disney. That’s just insanity though.

Really not comparable at all.  RDJ is worth almost anything they could give him.  It's not as if he wasn't already making $50m+ from the first Avengers and IM3 over a decade ago and delivering billion plus movies.  

What possibly could Pitt and Clooney do for Apple worth $45m each?   Hand deliver everyone's new iPhone?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

Final stalker challenge lightning round (in order of difficulty) — what is my:

Middle name

favorite magic card

Favorite US house representative

favorite modern horizons card

Social Security number 

Zoidberg 

Judith, the Scourge Diva

Mazie Hirono 

Force of Negation 

833-14-6907

I think back when like The Marvels came out I had this personal goal of reading through Legion's entire BOT comment history (all 900 ish pages) but I still haven't done it yet. Maybe one day :)

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Astonished 4

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Really not comparable at all.  RDJ is worth almost anything they could give him.  It's not as if he wasn't already making $50m+ from the first Avengers and IM3 over a decade ago and delivering billion plus movies.  

What possibly could Pitt and Clooney do for Apple worth $45m each?   Hand deliver everyone's new iPhone?

I’m not disagreeing with you. RDJ back in the MCU is if anything him getting a pay cut to go back and I know that it’s an obscene amount of money, but I wholeheartedly agree with you, it’s worth every penny. I understand the talks about how not all the crew is paid fairly but this is another issue altogether and not related to what RDJ back in the MCU for these Avengers films mean. 

While RDJ back in the MCU makes sense and Pitt and Clooney does not, my point is if we are seeing a trend here. 

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

While RDJ back in the MCU makes sense and Pitt and Clooney does not, my point is if we are seeing a trend here. 

If there's a trend of rich assholes paying exorbitant prices for things that won't get them a return on investment, I'm right fuckin' here! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I'm starting to think these Apple movies are all tax writeoffs. It's like they purposely make these movies to tank.

Outside of Killers of the Flower Moon and maybe Napoleon, it just sucks to see the rest of these movies basically be left to die in theaters. 

Apple tryna charge me for a cord for my AirPods when my old ear buds with the cord worked perfectly fine? Yea, bombs away Wolfs! See if I care.

Realistically though, any movie getting pushed to streaming, regardless if it was going to bomb or not, is bad for movie theaters, so booooo.

• Like 1

It sucks that we get a studio willing to spend unrealistically absurd amounts of money on films and it has to be APPLE, who have no idea what they're doing and all of it is a waste. 

Also maybe I'm just not the target audience but is George Clooney honestly worth ANYTHING near that amount of money these days? Like I get Brad Pitt is past his prime as well, but at least HE is somewhat of a draw still. Just looking at past performance I feel like George Clooney was always sort of overrated tbh, but there's no question he's not exactly a megastar at this point.

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I think back when like The Marvels came out I had this personal goal of reading through Legion's entire BOT comment history (all 900 ish pages) but I still haven't done it yet. Maybe one day :)

Holy Shit.  That's just.... Holy Shit.