CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

I often like Bond films not universally hailed as great Bond films. FYEO, LTK, TWINE(esp if I ignore Richards) and while I love pretty much every Bond, I think some hailed as the best are overrated like TSWLM and Skyfall. Spectre looks like my kind of Bond and I can't wait.

Some pictures were posted on Twitter of Radiohead recording with a large orchestra.

COINCIDENCE???1??1?

Think it's for the new album, and it's at AIR Studios - not Abbey Road which is where the Bond themes and scores are traditionally recorded.

Also the title track has been done since early July, Mendes confirmed that in an interview a couple of weeks before the full trailer landed.

Edited by antovolk

Booked my tickets for opening night at Odeon Leicester Square! Let the hype begin!

About to pull the trigger on Odeon too - neither of the IMAXes (the BFI nor the Empire) have 7:30/8pm opening night shows, only midnight. Spoke to BFI just now, some firm booked the theatre out for 8pm each day from Monday night until the 30th for private showings...Empire's office opens at 10, if 8pm for sure isn't happening there, OLS is happening. Edited by antovolk

About to pull the trigger on Odeon too - neither of the IMAXes (the BFI nor the Empire) have 7:30/8pm opening night shows, only midnight. Spoke to BFI just now, some firm booked the theatre out for 8pm each day from Monday night until the 30th for private showings...Empire's office opens at 10, if 8pm for sure isn't happening there, OLS is happening.

Empire is only booking a midnight online so I'd imagine a similar situation. OLS is looking very full so I'd try and decide quickly.

Empire is only booking a midnight online so I'd imagine a similar situation. OLS is looking very full so I'd try and decide quickly.

Yeah - I just pulled trigger on OLS (managed to nab a last decent seat just off to the side a bit of row U). The Empire booking office didn't know why the IMAX wasn't doing opening night but they game me an email for the cinema, so dropped them a line. If an 8pm show somehow miraculously happens, I'll try get OLS refunded or sell it to someone that'd want it.

I wouldn't be surprised if OLS has exclusivity for the Monday 8pm showing since it's sharing with Empire, I can't see it on the Monday since I'm away that week but have booked for the Saturday at the BFI IMAX

I've spoken to Empire, the reason for no 8pm showing is because they're doing an "event associated with the premiere". I'd bet probably just an overflow premiere screening for press etc. that can't get into RAH. BFI IMAX on the other hand have had some company book out private screenings all week Monday-Friday at 8pm.

• Like 1

I've spoken to Empire, the reason for no 8pm showing is because they're doing an "event associated with the premiere". I'd bet probably just an overflow premiere screening for press etc. that can't get into RAH. BFI IMAX on the other hand have had some company book out private screenings all week Monday-Friday at 8pm.

The one company booking the BFI IMAX deal is pretty shitty service to their average customers. That said, they seem to loose the big opening Saturday screenings for random reasons so they probably don't care much.
  • Like 1

The one company booking the BFI IMAX deal is pretty shitty service to their average customers. That said, they seem to loose the big opening Saturday screenings for random reasons so they probably don't care much.

Taking away all the evening screenings the first week is a pretty, as Frank Underwood would say, chicken shit move lol.

Odeon could've stopped them for opening night at least, most corporate private screenings, at Leicester Sq for instance, are after Monday...alas, money speaks louder than words etc etc.

• Like 1